❄11) Feeling 🍃

Start from the beginning

You pointed your sword in its direction with impeccable accuracy, and jabbed the target in a quick move..

But to no avail!

'Their mobility down here is unbelievable!'

"You're lucky..." It seemed you had reached your limit, hunger clearly having a bad effect on you.

'Dammit!' Your body felt weak as the demon carried on, advancing to you even quicker.

"Let me save you girl!" He sneered, arms outstretched to your floating person.

"Full focus.."

Your tired eyes turned to the blue light that lit up the dim swamp, "Tanjirou..."

You gently smiled as he continued, "..Breath of water Style; Twisting Whirlpool!"

In the space-time of 3 seconds, your saviour had killed the demon, tearing it to pieces. You were soon caught once he had finished grabbing a piece of cloth.

He held you in his arms as he swam up to the surface, "Hold on (Y/n)!" You tiredly nodded.

Once you had both reached out the swamp, he laid you down, turning to the last demon.

He approached the weakened creature, "Do you know who Kibutsuji Muzan is?"

After registering Tanjirou's question, the demon broke into a cold sweat, "I-I can't tell you! I can't say!"

It got up, making a surprise swipe to Tanjirou, but he stopped it, cutting its head clean off.

"I didn't get to ask, yet again.." He frowned, but remembered what you told him, feeling a little better.

He hugged his sister who was sleeping against a wall, "We will have another chance, I'm sure..."

He turned to Kamuzi, a sad smile on his features, "Kamuzi-san, are you alright?"

"She's never coming back, is she," He frowned, anger consuming his heart, grabbing Tanjirou by the collar, "What would you know about loss!"

Tanjirou sighed, "You have no choice but to carry on living with strength." He gave him the cloth belonging to his fiance.

He got up, leaving the angry man in silence. Regret now filled Kamuzi's being as he realised Tanjirou must've gone through the loss of loved ones too.

After placing his sister into the box, he picked you up, the weight barely affecting him now.

"You must have gone through the same! I'm so sorry!" Kamuzi cried out as Tanjirou waved him goodbye.

"(Y/n)... Why are you so tired?" Your friend stared at your phased expression.

You blinked, tears filling your eyes, "I-I'm such a monster.." He furrowed his brows at your statement.

Wiping your tears, you shook your head, "You're too kind to me."

He stopped walking, "(Y/n), what do you mean?" He placed you down for you to stand with slight help.

"Tanjirou... I didn't want to tell you this, but-"

"It's okay if you don't like me." His eyes stared deep into yours, "I guessed as much."

Your confusion doubled as did your blush, "That's not even it you idiot.."

"O-Oh, it wasn't?" His face went beet red, and he looked up to hide his embarrassment, "Forget w-what I said then.." He looked back to you.

You blinked a few times before speaking, "I am dependent on your blood... My packets do nothing now.."

He stumbled back a few steps, and you fell to your knees without his support.

His reaction made you want to truly run away in disgrace, "See? I told you I'm a-"

His arms suddenly enveloped you in a tight embrace, "Tanjirou.."

"Tell me anything that is bothering you..." He held your shoulders to look in your eyes, "It makes me worried sick when you keep it to yourself! Let me protect you sometimes!"

His tearful eyes and reddened nose and ears made you feel guilty.

"Tanjirou.. I'm sorry.." Tears fell down your pale cheeks as he did something out of the blue.

He leant close, his hesitation showing how much he cared about your feelings, giving you time to move.

But you didn't.

And his lips pressed against your forehead, "I... I don't want to lose you (Y/n)."

Even though his action made you inwardly squeal, you scoffed, leaning into his neck.

"Then feed me already!" Your hunger cut the cute moment you shared short, as your hands travelled to his neck.

"W-Wait, (Y/n)! H-Hold on, calm down!!!"

Awwwww!

So you and Tanjirou shared a cute moment, but I think as far as feeding off of him goes, your relationship won't progress anymore.

But his crush will live on! 👀

Thanks for reading!