Chapter 16 Death Eaters Outed

Chapter 16

Death Eaters Outed

Right before our championship game, Ron was a nervous wreck. Harry and Hermione had tried to console him, but that only lasted moments. Now, we all stood under the stands in uniform, ready to play. I could already here the Slytherins chanting their infamous 'Weasley is Our King.'

"They know it... they know I'm rubbish," Ron said with a jolt.

I rolled my eyes. "They don't know anything. They just get a sick pleasure out of putting people down. Besides, if we lose, it's not the end of the world, despite what Angelina might think."

Ron let out a nervous chuckle, but said, "She's bound to kick me off the team if this goes bad..."

"Maybe she'll kick me off too," I suggested, "then we'll be free of this constant anxiety."

Angelina rounded everyone up for a final pep talk. I barely listened until she put her hand on my shoulder and whispered, "I can tell you don't care, but please try to stay focused. If you keep the bludgers away from our Chasers then hopefully we'll be able to score enough to have the game."

I nodded. "I'll do my best."

Right as we were about to mount, I whispered in Ginny's ear, "Catch that Snitch quickly, ok. I already want this to be over."

Ginny grinned and gave a thumbs up. I knew this was her first game but she appeared pretty confident, much more so than her brother.

We all flew up and the Slytherin chants grew louder. I wanted to hit the bludger towards their stands, but if I did anything to get us disqualified Angelina would probably murder me in my sleep. Also, I could accidentally hit Morgan.

At the beginning of the game, Ron missed all the shots, making us far behind. My chest grew heavy as I raced back and forth between both bludgers. Sloper flew close to the side. I could easily see his hand quivering.

Without thinking, I slapped the bludger towards our goal post and it knocked the quaffle off path right as the other team almost scored. I was not sure if I was supposed to do that but no one said anything. I even caught a smile from Angelina.

I flew up to Ron and said, "Just hit it. It doesn't matter where, just knock it out."

The next time the quaffle flew and Ron's direction, he whacked it away like a pesky fly. The Gryffindor stands went wild.

I saw a bludger coming for Sloper. Seeing as he was about to duck again, I knocked the one near me against the other with my bat.

"Okay, that's it," I gritted, whipping the beads of sweat off my forehead.

We were not supposed to use our wands, but I hid mine in my sleeve just in case I might need it. I held the tip with my fingers and pointed it at the bludger, uttering a spell. The next time I hit that bludger, it flew far out field and kept going straight into the Dark Forest. I could see the crowds' heads all move to watch it go.

Now, I only had one to deal with.

As Ron kept blocking the chants changed. Now they came from the Gryffindor stands in praise rather than mockery. Ginny caught the snitch and we won.

We all demounted our brooms and cheered. I hugged Ron right after Ginny, congratulating him. I did not want to play, but I could not deny this victory felt pretty good.

Angelina came up to me and whispered, "I know what you did and you're bloody lucky that was dismissed as a fluke."

I shrugged playing dumb. "I don't know what you're talking about, Angelina."