46.

Adam:

I loved annoying Clara. She was so red. If it were Ann, she would have killed Emmet by now.

"You like annoying me don't you?" she says moving over to the barca lounger.

"You are going to sleep over there?" I ask.

I thought that she wasn't this dumb...

"I wouldn't have to if you didn't place a stupid instigation method over me. It's like I am a man, I can exert my power over females... And your stupid ass body... I don't get a freaking inch to sleep in," she says still adjusting her pillow on the barcalounger.

"Why don't you use those inflatable mattresses?" I ask removing the box from under her bed.

"Do I possess one?" she continues raging whole adjusting the lounger according to her.

"I don't know," I play along opening the bag and letting it inflate. She still has her back turned on me.

"How does Anna be with you?!" she says.

"Because she loves me," I reply trying to still keep her back turned on.

"That was sarcasm... What are you looking at... My ass?" she says turning over to look at the mattress. I walk closer to her.

"I am not that bad, darlin'," I say tucking a straight of her hair in.

She sighs.

I retrieve her pillow and the duvet from the lounger and put it on the mattress.

"I'll take it... You can sleep up," I say removing off my t shirt.

"What are you doing?" she shriek in horror turning away.

"Can we be grownups about this?" I say.

"What? I am still a 10th grader... You might be in the college... I am still in high school," she says.

Clara can be Anna if she wants...

"Okay dofus... I will wear my t shirt unlike myself," I say and put it on.

"Thank you," she says turning over and throwing her slippers off.

"Why did you not look at me and my abs?" I ask curious.

"Because darling... I am not a playgirl," I say.

"Oh please... I am not a playboy," I retort.

"Oh really. Do you remember that in grade 10th you once removed your shirt on the ground trying to look victorious... The girls were drooling over you," she says.

"Oh really... Were you one of those 'girls'?" I tease her even more.

"Grow up Adam," she says pulling the duvet as she reaches over for a book. She open the cover.

Is she seriously reading in front of me?

I sigh. She looks up at me and then back to her book. I sigh again trying to piss 'Satan' off.

"What do you want to do?" she asks finally totally pissed off.

"Let's talk," I say.

"Don't we do that all the time? Try something new?" she asks.

"So then let's make out," I say to her great disgust.

"Are we really on that trail?" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah... I thought you could do that...uh... You wanted something new... That's the only 'new' I could think about," I say.

"I am done with you," she says and goes out of the room. I stand on the doorstep looking over at Clara. She puts her hand on the doorknob.

I can be a dick if I want to...

I hear a fit of laughter. Her hand retracts and she comes back. I am back on my mattress before she could come in.

"What happened? Why didn't you go?" I ask.

"They were asleep," she lies. And I appreciate her doing that.

"So what are we gonna do?" I ask.

"Let's play truths... I will ask you anything and you will tell the truth," She says.

"Oh honey... Telling the truth is left for me to decide..." I say slyly.

She fights her urge to give me her middle finger.

Bring it on baby...

"Tell me the first time you hit on Anna?" she asks.

I tell her the tale.

It was the 14th February. My friends dared me to get a kiss from Anna. She was beautiful back then. Carefree and glorious as herself.

I walk over to her at her locker. She is organising her books. She used to piss me off back then. A nerd and a cheerleader.

She was an eighth grader and I was a ninth.

"What are you doing today candy?" I flirt.

"I am not falling for your playboy-ish games," she says.

"Honey... Listen to me," I say putting a hand on her waist.

"Get it off me," she says.

"Every girl wants this... You are getting it... You should be proud," I say inching closer to her.

"Stay away... I am telling you... I can be a bitch when I want," she threatens pushing me away from her.

"Sweetheart. I even wrote a poem for you," I say.

"The one that you have probably told to uh... Twenty thousand girls," she says.

"Listen to yourself Bear. I know you want me," I say looking into her eyes. Her cheeks turn a bit red but go back to their usual self.

"I am not a toy Hansen," she says still pushing me away.

"But you are not denying the fact that you are into me," I say seductively.

She doesn't counter back. I take it as a signal and inch more closer to her. When my lips are too close to her, she pushes me away and slaps me. I look at her devastated.

"That girl was savage dude," Finch said. My eyes still were on her back as she is gliding over the halls.

I will make her fall for me.

Eventually I did. I don't know why she did that. But it's Ann. She can't be predicted. And I admit I was a playboy back then. But I didn't used to kiss every one. Not everyone on the street. I didn't have sex with anyone. I still haven't.

"But that was an attempt to kiss. Not a kiss," Clara says snapping me to reality.

"You know the first kiss was in front of all of you guys.

"You really fell hard for her," Clara says.

"It's a fact and I can't deny it," I say blushing.

I can't help it...