Dinner

Niall pouts, watching as Liam cooks spaghetti. Almost tripping on the sweat pants Zayn gave him. Zayn gave both Harry and Niall some clothes to sleep in but even those clothes were a little too big for the teenagers. "I want McDonalds."

"Again, I said no, Spaghetti is far healthier than McDonalds" Liam replies, as he starts piling the noodles onto the plates. "Harry, Niall can you two set the table, I already have the cups on the counter." Harry looks up from his phone with a frown, Liam couldn't just order him around like a child! He's an adult, despite looking like a teenager. Harry moves back to playing on his phone, as he decides that Niall can set the table by himself. Louis frowns as he watches Niall set the table and as Harry is scrolling through his phone. Yeah, that's not going to fly.

"Harry didn't you hear Liam, set the table." Louis hisses, yanking the iPhone out of the teen's hands. Harry growls, quickly getting up from his chair. "Louis, give it back!" Louis simply turns away from the teen, slipping the phone into his pocket. "You get it back after dinner." Sighing, Harry begins to help Niall with setting the table even though Niall was almost done with it. Zayn helps Liam with the plates of spaghetti, while Louis decides to fill the cups full of water. Happily, Niall takes his place, announcing that he wants to sit next to Liam and Zayn. Harry and Louis sit on the other side. It's not surprising that Niall was the first one to dig in, shoving his face full of noodles. He's also the one that breaks the awkward silence, as they haven't eaten together in a long time everyone felt awkward but Niall. "Harry can you please hand me a piece of bread." The curly haired boy stares at Niall for a split second before reaching into the basket full of bread to hand a piece. Just like that everyone starts eating, small comments are said throughout the dinner. Mostly about how good Liam's cooking got since last time. By the time dinner is done it's pretty late, Niall is still eating on his third plate but the teenager's eyes are slowly closing. Harry watches with amusement as Niall faceplants into the sauce covered noodles. The blonde teen doesn't show any sign of waking up.

"Zayn, you cleared out that room?" Liam asks as he gently moves the plate away from Niall, Niall's face is covered in sauce. Getting up from the table, Louis moves to the sink grabbing a rag he wets is before handing it to Liam. The man takes the rag, gently cleaning Niall's face with it.

"It mostly was already cleared I moved the air mattress I have in there for them and threw sheets on it. I hope they don't mind sharing." Zayn replies turning to Harry. The teenager shrugs, he was too tired to fight it. Liam easily lifts Niall up into his arms, as he begins to walk upstairs. "Come on Harry bedtime." Harry blushes at the infantile sentence. He quickly moves to follow Liam upstairs and into the room. The air mattress was really the only thing in that room besides Harry's Gucci suit hanging up in the closet. He didn't want it to get more wrinkled than it already was. Liam kicks off the main cover off with his foot before laying Niall gently down. Proceeding to pick up the dropped cover. "Hop on in, I'll tuck you two in." Harry sighs, walking toward the mattress, he drops on the other side, his eyelids already closing, similar to Niall's at dinnertime. The last thing Harry feels is Liam tucking the blanket around him. Watching the pair with a fond smile, Liam turns to leave, making sure to leave the door open a crack while also making sure to leave the hallway light on. Knowing very well both of them use to get scared of the dark. Harry just didn't like to admit it. He walks down the stairs with a little bounce to his step, he knows that this was crazy to think about but he honestly felt like this might be a good thing, This possibly will bring the band back together, together like the brothers that they once were.

"I'm going to head out, I was supposed to pick up Freddie an hour ago, text me if something happens with those two." Louis mutters as he opens Zayn's front door not even letting Liam say a word back to him as the older man slams to door.

"Okay, Malik, What happend?" Liam mutters turning to Zayn. Zayn grumbles to himself, hating that Louis just put him into such an uncomfortable position. "We were just clearing the table and he bought up his mom and the show. Asking why I didn't text him when his sister died." Starring at Zayn, Liam frowns at the guilty expression Zayn is holding.

"Why didn't you text him?" Liam questions. Just a little curious, he knows Zayn felt weird around them every since leaving the band. But the stuff with Louis right after didn't make Zayn feel any better, all the fights on Twitter, the back and forth. "I-I really don't know, It just didn't feel right." Liam can't understand the other man's logic but he felt like this talk was between Louis and Zayn.

"Let's just clean the dishes and call it a night, I hope you don't mind me sleeping over." Liam comments, shooting Zayn a smile. Zayn's frown turns into a smile. "I don't mind." The rest of the night is spent with Liam and Zayn cleaning the dishes together. They both head to sleep after that, Liam takes Zayn's couch and despite it being really uncomfortable he somehow falls asleep on it with a smile on his face