Chapter 20 - Minato vs Kanna ❄️

Play music (of your choice) when fight between Minato and Kanna begins

Minato's POV 🎃

After the fight between Shion and Thunder was over, everyone in the gymnasium quieted themselves down after cheering.

Then Mr. Jason said, "Alright then...The next two pokémon to battle is Minato vs Kanna. Head over to the center of the stadium, you two..."

I smiled and then pumped my fist is excitement.

"Yes~!" I said to myself.

I headed out the bleachers and to the center of the stadium as I waited for the Glaceon, Kanna.

I suddenly remembered that Kanna was the one who not only gave us a death stare last period but was also the one that May mentioned to us.

I was also already alert about Kanna because she's an ice type Eevee evolution.

One of her ice type techniques is Ice Beam so I need to avoid it real quick as possible unless I wanna be frozen and turned into a living iceberg.

As Kanna got to the center of the stadium, she looked over at me and then chuckled before rudely giving me the middle finger (which I don't know how can she do that when she doesn't even have any fingers but just paws) .

"I'll rip you apart in this round, motherfucker..." Kanna said to me while smirking.

I suddenly got angry at what she said and then just glared at her.

"Right back at ya, you son of a bitch." I growled at Kanna.

When Mr. Jason headed over, he looked at me and Kanna for a sec and then said, "Begin!" after blowing the whistle.

Kanna was the first to attack, and just like I thought, she used Ice Beam.

I dodged her Ice Beam real quickly and then hitted Kanna with No Guard.

Kanna tried to deflect and attack me again but then I hitted her again using the same move again.

Then I finished Kanna off with Vital Spirit, knocking her out as I did so.

After I won, I heard cheering before everyone quieted themselves down again.

Then Mr. Jason raised my paw and said, "Winner, Minato! Loser, Kanna!".

Everyone cheered and roared again, as I went back to the bleachers and sat down next to Kunzite (on his right), before they got quiet again so Mr. Jason doesn't blow that stupid, annoying whistle again.

"That was a pretty damn fast battle, Minato." Kunzite commented to me.

"Thanks. You can't call me "The Midnight Flash" for nothin'." I replied as I smiled and chuckled wickedly.

Kunzite smiled back too as he nodded his head.

He knows where I'm getting at.

As we all patiently waited to see who's up next, Mr. Jason looked at one of us for a second before clearing his throat.

"The next two pokémon who'll be battling will be Lucas vs Blade. Head up to the center of the stadium, you two boys..." Mr. Jason announced.

The Gallade that we saw last period smirked and got up from the bleachers as he headed over to the center of the stadium.

After Mr. Jason announced that Lucas'll be fighting Blade, I heard a few pokémon (including May and Shion) gasp and murmured in shock.

Some of them looked concerned or worried as May and Shion looked over at Lucas.

When I looked over at Lucas, I had the same reaction the few pokémon had.

Lucas was pale on the face and he looked a bit really nervous and on the verge of breaking down.

Without thinking, I rested my paw on Lucas's shoulder and then looked at him in the gold eyes.

"Hey...It'll be okay. You can do this. I have faith in you." I said.

Lucas looked over at me and smiled.

"Thanks, Minato...I'll try." Lucas replied to me as he got up from the bleachers and headed over to the center of the stadium.

I smiled.

"You can do it, Lucas!!! We believe in you!" I cheered.

May, Shion, and Kunzite nodded and agreed with me as they cheered on for Lucas too as well.