Chapter 6

I Know You Like Me:

Boundaries:

The next morning was delightfully warm and sunny, a nice change from the thunderstorm the night before. Everyone was dressed and ready, all deciding to eat breakfast outside since the weather was so nice. He wasn't sure why, but Heechul decided that it wouldn't be so bad if he sat next to Leenah. The ever so slight cool breeze that brushed her long dark hair back made her look kind of pretty. Taking his place in the seat next to her, he shooed away Kangin, Eunhyuk, Zhoumi, Henry, basically anyone who came up to talk to her. Ryeowook and Sungah had to be his favorite people so far. They didn't bother him or Leenah, therefore not taking her attention away, the two only focusing on each other.

So...He sat next to her. Why wasn't she saying anything? Did she not notice that it was him? Why wouldn't she look at him? Were they really back to that? That thing with her ignoring him? He thought they were past that. He remembered everything that happened the night before, not like it really mattered, but he at least thought she would continue acknowledging his existence. The night before, she had woken him up because of a nightmare she had, and because she was afraid of the loud thunder that actually caused a power outage until that very morning.

To comfort her, since it was the only thing he could do, he held her in his arms and sang her lullabies until they both fell asleep. The morning was sufficiently awkward because somehow while they were asleep they ended up spooning. He had actually woken up first, and he found that cuddling with her was actually kind of comfy. Unfortunately, once Leenah woke up, she immediately got out of the bed while Heechul pretended to still be asleep. She quickly got ready and left, just leaving him there alone. What if he really was still asleep? She didn't even bother trying to wake him! 

Heechul tried saying hi to her, but she didn't say it back. "Really? Are you going back to that? Just acting like I don't exist?"

"Just forget it, Heechul." Leenah replied, not looking at him.

"What did I do wrong? I help you, multiple times as a matter of fact, and this is the thanks I get?" Heechul grew upset. Why is she being so complicated? "I was actually starting to hate you a little less."

"Heechul, you and I both broke major boundaries last night, and it can never happen again. I'm in a relationship and you know that." Leenah finally turned her head and made eye contact with him.

"Oh relax, we didn't do anything that bad!" Heechul grew defensive. She was overreacting, right? "And of course I know that. Why do you think I keep trying to get these guys to stop talking to you all the time? I'm the one reminding everyone else, so you don't have remind me. So we slept in the same bed, so what? It's not a big deal."

"We were spooning Heechul! Spooning!" Leenah made sure she emphasized the word. "I know you like me, but there are many things that you just can't do, cuddling in bed together being one of those many things."

"Are you kidding? I don't like you!" Heechul made sure his face looked disgusted. Who was she to make such an assumption? He has his members shoving that liking her thing down his throat on a daily, and now she's saying it? That just isn't okay because it's a flat out lie. "I could never like someone with a face like yours."

"You are such an asshole." Leenah smiled sarcastically. It was a smile that said 'I want to murder you in your sleep', which was completely okay considering the circumstances. 

"Leenah!" They both heard Ryeowook call. He and Sungah were sitting on a bench, but looked like they were finishing up and were going to go somewhere else. "Sungah and I are going to go by the water for a little while. Do you want to come with us? The others are going to catch up in a few minutes anyway."