16

Michael Farrad sat in his office and whatever his secretary was saying just breezed by. His mind was a million miles away and he had given up trying to make it not wander. He was going to be a father and nothing could give him greater joy than that. A smile slowly spread on his lips which then turned into a grin. His secretary slowly closed her mouth and smiled though she tried to resist it, but he was such a handsome fella and his smile was simply out of this world.

Genna Davis had been pining for Michael ever since she had started working for him. When he had broken up with Lily she had been elated thinking that finally her silver lining was due but then Faith Williams had happened and she had given up hoping. Michael must have realized something was amiss when he saw Genna smiling at him and he cleared his throat and rescheduled the meeting apologizing profusely. Well, Faith Williams did have that effect on him, she was simply amazing. He glanced at his watch and snarled, time really was not moving at all.

Michael Farrad grabbed his things and left the office he had some errands to run and thus he got to it. Two hours later and he was standing on a freshly mowed front lawn that had a waist length railing covering the front yard. His car was parked in the tarmacked driveway as the realtor explained to him how the lawn and the garden was tended to every fortnight. They had been on the search for a house since they had both come to an agreement that they needed a new apartment as they set out on their married life.

The realtor started on the tour since Faith was going to run a bit late but from the looks of it Michael knew Faith was going to love it. They entered through the door that led to a hallway which led to the living room. The floor was made of wood which had been polished to the core. He was ushered into the living room which had French windows that showed the beautiful garden that was blooming on the front lawn. The living room covered half the area and the kitchen covered the other half. There was a marble table top that had an in built oven on it. On the wall there was an in built pantry where one had to pull and the racks would slide out. The fridge was also fixed on the wall and he loved how sophisticated the kitchen looked. Faith Williams was bound to fall in love with it.

They walked on to the stairs that ushered them into the first landing where there was a bathroom that had marble tiles on the floor. They ascended the stairs and came to the second landing where there were two bedrooms and a store room. The master bedroom was en suite and had huge French windows that let in the sunlight and illuminated the room. On the furthest end of the room was a door that led to the balcony and he was sure he could fit a swing chair there so that they could enjoy their nights looking at the city that lay sprawled beneath them. This was the house, it had everything they needed but he needed his wife to approve for they were together in this.

"It is magnificent." Faith said in awe as soon as she joined them. She had joined them a few seconds ago and Michael embraced her lovingly as he pecked her on the cheek.

"I knew you would love it." he said adoringly as he took her hand and they walked down the stairs. The realtor came over and once they had agreed on the price they parted ways, they were to inform him if they were going to take the house or if they wanted another one.

This was the fifth house they had been to and quite frankly Faith loved it. The front lawn was perfect and she could do her gardening there plus the backyard was massive and she was sure they could have fun with their child just cycling about or playing ball or even having a barbecue. The kitchen had stolen her heart, the marble table top was simply wonderful and the built in pantry, oh she would have a blast in that kitchen. What worried her was the asking price she thought it was too high and the way her bank account was set up, it was not going to cover it. Michael Farrad had assured her that all was going to be well but she wanted to offer something, to contribute something to their soon to be home.