My eyes brightened, "I love North."

"Everybody loves North but he's only one man," she replied sympathetically, patting my head.

Hudson then came into the kitchen with sweat dripping from him like he just ran a marathon and a towel around his neck. He walked to the fridge to get a bottle of water, gulping it down completely in three seconds flat.

My jaw dropped along with mom's.

He stared at us in disinterest, "What?"

"Did...did you just-" I started

"Drink that whole bottle of water without taking a breath in between?!" Mom finished with a horrifying gasp as she placed a hand on her chest.

"It's not that dramatic," he replied with a roll of his eyes before settling them on me, "Feeling better?"

I nodded with a bright smile before scrunching my nose up when I saw the sweat glistening off his neck, "Go take a shower I can see your sweat all over you."

He titled his head a bit to the side, lips slowly curling into a dark smirk.

Uh oh.

I took a surreptitious step back.

"Mom, get Hudson away from me...Mom? Mom!" She was totally ignoring me, laughing humorously as I faced Hudson's wrath for the thousandth time. I screamed and ran out of the kitchen with Hudson right behind me. I can't believe mom would leave her only daughter in the hands of a person like him.

I ran outside bumping into Kenny as she made her way inside.

"Oh my god Kenny, I'm so sorry," I apologized quickly, running past her into the backyard where the in ground pool was, its pellucid waters shining against the bright sunlight. I was already out of breath and I didn't dare turn around to see where Hudson was because you know, you turn around then you fall blah blah blah cliche movie scene.

Then I tripped and fell, a dull pain coming from my wounded thigh.

I didn't even look back.

I tripped on my own two feet darn it.

"Owww," I grimaced, placing a gentle hand on my thigh.

I looked back in defeat since I already lost, and I never would've won anyway because he works out and I eat peach gummies and mochis.

"Uhm...Hudson?" I asked nervously, still lying on my stomach as I scanned some of the backyard with my teary eyes. The silence was killing me as I slowly got up, brushing my clothes off and looking at the new bruise that I got on my arm.

"Boo."

I shrieked and made a move to get up but Hudson easily caught me and held me to the ground. I struggled beneath his iron grip before giving up and staring into his crystalline eyes with strands of black hair falling into them. He smiled, clearly underhandedly as his grip tightened, "You didn't think I would let you get away with ruining my sleep last night, hm?"

Oh peaches.

My face paled as I held my breath.

His eyes narrowed, "Penelope."

I licked my lower lip, a small uh huh? escaping my chapped lips.

He suddenly let go of my wrists and I was about to roll away from him when he instead, put his hands around waist and lifted me up much to my horror.

"Oh mochi balls," I squeaked, gripping onto him for dear life as he started to walk.

"This is what you get for waking me up at two in the morning to talk about shit," he replied evenly, not even bothering to adjust my body even a little bit so I was more comfortable.