Cool.

Chloe | Nik | Adam

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

I check my phone as I am waiting for Adam to arrive. Nik hasn't texted in the whole day, I wonder what's up. Maybe he is busy, I tell myself. Why would anyone want to text a stranger all the time anyway, right?

I pace around my room for some reason, going through Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat. Nothing helps. Why am I even so restless?

After contemplating a lot I decide to text him myself.

"Hey?"

As soon as I send that text, the doorbell rings. I stuff my phone into my pocket and walk downstairs to find Grandma hugging Adam. He waves at me from behind her back and smiles. I walk towards them when Grandma let's go.

"It's been so long, Adam, I missed you."

Adam places his palm on his heart, "Why do I feel honoured?" He asks.

"Maybe because my Granddaughter here never misses you." Grandma looks at me and says.

"Yeah I don't." I roll my eyes.

Adam laughs his booming laughter and says, "Ciao Anne, don't worry about her she's safe with me."

"I am safer without him."

Grandma laughs, "You both can continue your quarrel outside my house, please and thanks."

I grab Adam's hand and we walk outside towards his car. We both get seated and I wait for him to start driving. A minute passes, and he still hasn't started the car.

I sigh, "Adam.."

"Yeah?"

"Spill."

He looks at me, "I need to talk "

"Yes, I figured, now talk."

"No, not here."

"Pizza?"

"Yes."

He drives his way towards a local Italian restaurant, 'Il Piacere'. Looked like a new restaurant, I had never heard about it. He parks his car and we walk into the restaurant.

The restaurant has fairy lights hanging on its ceiling and fake windows decorated with leaves and flowers above the cash counter. The walls are painted orange and yellow. There are a few people having pizza and pasta around. It seems cozy and nice.
We take a seat in the corner, the waiter comes to us with a very huge smile. His badge says that his name is 'Joe'.

"Welcome to Il Piacere, here are your menus, we serve everything Italian, from delicious pasta to crispy pizza to cheesy lasagna. We also have cappuccino if you'd like that.", He says with a big grin.

I look at the red menu and the creative typography on it. I open it and go through all types of pastas before finally deciding.

"I'd like a white sauce Alfredo and a small cup caramel cappuccino."

Adam places his order too, "One lasagna and an espresso."

Joe bows in front of us and leaves with our orders. I fold my arms and look at Adam, waiting for him to speak.

He sighs, "I.. realized some things."

"Uh huh?"

"Its just difficult saying it, but you're my best friend and our bro code is to tell everything to each other whatsoever."

I nod my head.

"Do you remember Judy?"

"Yes, your ex, she was nice."

"I broke up with her."

"Yes, I know, you thought you both arent compatible and you both deserve someone better and.."

"I'm gay."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

I take a minute to absorb the new information in and just then Joe comes with our coffees.
I take a sip and reply, "Cool."

He looks at me with his eyebrows raised, "Cool?"

I smile, "Cool."

♣️ ♣️ ♣️ ♣️ ♣️ ♣️

Happy pride! :)