Chapter 14

Cassandra's POV......

"Order up" Rob the cook yells from the kitchen.

"Thanks Rob" I smile at him, he's my favorite cook here.

   I grab the plates and head to table five, I make sure to ask if they need anything else before I head to the kitchen. I glance at the clock and I have five minutes left, Thank God. I have alot of studying to do, it's going to be a long night.

   When I hear the bell on the door ring, I turn to greet the new customer but I stop standing there frozen. It's a biker, and from the vest he's part of God's Disciples. Shit just what I need, I guess it wasn't enough for him to humiliate me now he wants to send his friends to further embarass me.

   As I head to the register to clock out, I see him begin to walk over to me.

"Hey Cass..." The biker begins to say.

   I don't even give him a chance to finish what he's saying. I get angry just remembering what his stupid friend did to me.

"Go to hell and tell your friend to fuck off" I yell at him.

   I don't give him a chance to say anything else as I run upstairs to my room. I collapse on the bed and begin to cry. My phone begins to ring and on the screen it says Ink. He hasn't stopped calling or sending me messages. But I never open them, I just delete them. Suddenly there is a knock on my door and Melissa comes in and hands me a piece of paper.

"This biker named Knuckles gave me this to give to you, he said it was important and to not let you throw it away until you read it" Melissa says.

"Did you read it?" I ask her.

"Yes i did, he told me to read it incase you decided to throw it away."

Cassandra,

   I know you're angry but you need to let me explain. I had an accident and I wasn't able to make it to our date. You could say I've been in the hospital and I haven't been able to leave that's why I haven't gone to see you. I know you have class tomorrow, so I'll be there to pick you up when class is over.

                                                    Ink

"Do you think it's true?" I ask her.

"Yes i do, I don't think he would go through all this trouble if you were just a joke to him. He really likes you."

"Oh my god, I'm such a bitch."

"No you were just protecting yourself, some guys can be assholes, but not this one, he seems like a good guy."

"How am I gonna face him tomorrow, I feel so stupid."

"Don't feel that way, you will know what to say when you see him. Don't worry everything will turn out fine."

   As soon as she leaves the room I begin to think about Ink. I feel terrible about how I treated him. He's been in the hospital while I've just been here hating him and ignoring him. I can't believe after everything he still wants to see me. I should have let him explain, but I jumped to conclusions. I mean how can I believe that someone like Ink would like someone like me. Ink is strong, confident and handsome. While I'm weak with a bad past, I'm damaged goods. Who is gonna want someone who grew up abused in a warehouse, I was a drug mule to a Cartel.

   But my life is different now and I want to make the best of it while I'm free. I have a haunting past and it's only a matter of time before it catches up to me.