Part 13

A/N: Yeah, I know that it's been extremely too long. I have no excuses other than I'm lazy and I get writer's block way too much. I'm not sure if anyone still reads this, but I want to finish it anyway for my own piece of mind. If you do read, thanks for being here! Enjoy!

"Come on, Em! Just one more push! You can do it!" Grayson yelled from his post beside Emily, holding her hand as she squeezed it for dear life.

Emily beared down, and suddenly felt the pressure leave her body.

"She's here!" Emily breathed, peering down to look at the doctor, and seeing a concerned looks on her face.

"What's wrong?" Emily asked, Grayson's face suddenly pale.

The doctor said nothing, instead whisking their daughter across the room to the nurses. Grayson immediately followed, trying to see her. Instead, he was pushed away, told to go wait with Emily.

"What's happening?" Emily yelled, trying desperately to see from her bed.

A few moments later, the doctor came over with a look that Emily knew didn't mean good things, and no baby in her hands.

"I'm sorry, but she didn't make it," the doctor said quietly.

"Noooo!" Emily screamed, tearing awake from the awful dream she had been having.

"What happened? What's wrong?" Grayson asked, bolting up at Emily's scream.

"It was a dream. Oh god, Gray, it was so awful," Emily cried, her body being wracked with sobs at just the memory of it.

"Shh, it's okay. It was just a dream," Grayson whispered, pulling Emily into his chest and laying back down. She laid her head on his chest until she was able to calm down.

Emily looked over at the clock after a few minutes. It was 2:30am. She knew after a dream like that that she wouldn't be able to sleep for awhile.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," she said quietly to Grayson, slipping out of his arms and the bed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Grayson asked, sitting up to look at her as best he could in the dark.

"Yeah," she assured him. "I just need to be up for a little while. Go back to bed, you've got an early class."

Before Grayson could ask her if she was sure again, Emily slipped into their bathroom, making sure the door was shut before she turned on the lights.

As the water was heating up, Emily admired her reflection in the mirror. At just shy of 34 weeks, she looked like she was about to pop. She ran her hand across her bump, somewhat nostalgic at the fact that her pregnancy was almost over, but at the same time ecstatic to see her child and be done being pregnant.

About 30 minutes later, Grayson stirred awake and noticed that the water was still running. Concerned, he made his way into the bathroom and looked into the shower, where he found Emily asleep on the seat that was put in by the previous owners.

He laughed quietly to himself before he reached in and turned the water off before gently nudging Emily awake and convincing her to get dressed and come back to bed.

=======

Today, Emily was excited. One of her best friends who she hadn't seen in awhile was visiting her family for the weekend. She was going to college a few hours away from Latona, so the two hadn't seen each other very much in the few weeks since school had started.

Emily had known Madi since the two of them started third grade Sunday School together when Madi moved to Latona from Pennsylvania. They were like sisters, and this was the first time they had really been away from each other in over ten years.

So far, Emily's online classes for the semester were going pretty good. She could work at a nice pace without over stressing herself, something that was good this late in her pregnancy.

Emily was working ahead on a paper when she heard a knock on the door. After two tries of getting up, she finally made it to the door.

"Em!" "Mads!" the girls greeted, hugging each other as tightly as they could with Emily's belly.

"Oh my god, you look amazing!" Madi squealed as they made their way into the house.

"I look like a whale, but thank you," Emily said with a laugh.

"No, you really look gorgeous. Pregnancy looks good on you," Madi said with a smile.

Emily blushed. "You're sweet," Emily replied, deciding to take the compliment no matter how much she might not believe it.

Madi wandered into the kitchen, checking out the house that she hadn't really seen due to the business of getting ready to college. She gushed over the ultrasound picture that Emily and Grayson had hung on the fridge, and she begged Emily to tell her everything about her pregnancy.

Of Emily's friends, Madi was one of the most excited to be an aunt figure in her baby's life. Madi never really knew her father, and her mom wasn't one that she could really go to in times of need without facing ridicule. When Madi came out as bisexual, her mother didn't care about her daughter not being straight. She cared that Madi was going to be a "slut" because she like girls and guys. Madi's mom didn't care about the normal things, but she made Madi feel worse about herself all the same.

Madi vowed that she was going to be someone that Emily's baby could turn to any time. While Madi knew that Emily was going to be nothing like Madi's mother had been to Madi, Madi still wanted to be there in case there was ever anything that Emily's baby just couldn't go to her parent's about.

After a few minutes of visiting in the house, Emily suggested going to a shopping center in the next town over of Mayfield. Emily needed to run some errands down there anyway, and the pair could shop and visit while they did.

As they drove, Madi told Emily all about her college experience. While Emily somewhat longed to be able to have the "normal" experience that someone her age would be having in college, she loved her unborn daughter too much to wish that she could be doing what Madi was.

When the pair reached their first destination, Target, Emily grabbed a cart as she listened to Madi recount stories about her somewhat insane architecture professor. Emily laughed as she listened to the tales, loving that she was getting to spend time with one of her best friends.

The pair made their way through Target, Emily getting the things that she needed and Madi grabbing a few things for herself as well. After Target, they went to a few more stores before Emily and Madi went back to Emily and Grayson's house. The girls said their goodbyes before hugging, Emily wishing Madi luck as she finished the semester and Madi promising to come back for another weekend as soon as Emily had the baby.

=======

Later that evening, Grayson arrived back at their house after his classes and his baseball practice with food in hand. Emily and Grayson enjoyed a nice evening before deciding to call it a night early. Emily hadn't been sleeping well as she entered the last leg of her pregnancy and Grayson was tired from a grueling practice, so they could both use some sleep.

After all, both teenagers knew that sleep was going to be few and far between once their daughter came.

A/N: I make no promises for when the next part of this is going to come out, because obviously I suck at updating, but I will say that I've gotten over my writer's block here lately so hopefully I will continue to write more. Thanks for reading!