Part 12

A/N: Hey y'all! I am so very sorry for how long this update took to come out. There are no excuses other than that I'm a lazy piece of shit who procrastinates a whole bunch. I really hope y'all enjoy this chapter! 

When Emily Smith rolled out of bed at around 10 o'clock on the morning of the day that she was officially 30 weeks pregnant, she was delighted to smell the amazing aroma of pancakes radiating from the kitchen.

She quickly went to the bathroom, her daughter having been using her bladder for a punching bag all night. She looked down and saw that there were tiny spots of blood in her underwear.

"Everything's fine," she assured herself. "Spotting is normal during pregnancy."

She put on a pad from the pack that she had bought specifically for that reason before walking out to join Grayson in the kitchen.

He was wearing a pair of shorts and nothing else when she walked in and was quietly moving around the kitchen. He loved cooking, despite the fact that most of his friends gave him some grief for it. He didn't mind, because they all usually changed their tunes as soon as he sat a plate in front of them.

"Good morning," she greeted as she sat on one of the barstools at their kitchen bar.

"Morning," he said, putting the final finishing touches on what she assumed was her plate.

He grabbed that plate and another that was also ready. He placed hers in front of her before kissing the top of her head and sitting on the stool beside her.

"I was going to surprise you with breakfast in bed, you know," he said before popping a piece of pancake in his mouth.

"Yeah, well, this one," Emily said, pointing to her stomach, "wanted to be a soccer player and use my bladder as her ball."

Grayson smiled before wiping his mouth and bending down so his face was close to Emily's stomach.

"Hey, little one," he said softly, Emily smiling at the act that had become a pretty regular occurrence. "Can you do me a favor and give your mom a break for a little while?"

The baby was still for a moment, and Grayson placed his head on Emily's stomach. They thought all was well until a particularly hard kick was aimed to where Grayson's head was.

"I'm gonna take that as a no," Emily said with a laugh.

The couple ate their breakfast and chatted throughout the meal. When they were done, Emily insisted on doing the dishes.

"So, do you think we should talk about names?" Emily asked as she was scrubbing down the pan that had been used to cook the pancakes.

"Sure," Grayson said from his spot on the barstool where he had not so subtly been checking out his girlfriend.

Emily finished cleaning the pan and placed it back under the sink before she retook her spot on her stool.

"Do you have any ideas?" Grayson asked.

Emily bit her bottom lip, her tell that she had something on her mind but wasn't sure how to say it.

"What is it, Em?" Grayson asked.

Emily looked at her feet, tears springing to her eyes despite her efforts to control her emotions. Grayson gently lifted her chin to where she was looking at him, concern etched into his face at her sudden change of moods.

"Do you think we could use Sabrina as her middle name?" Emily asked with a small voice.

Grayson lowered his head, now knowing why she was so emotional. She was referencing their mutual close friend who had committed suicide a year earlier. The two of them had been pretty torn up about it, Emily in particular. Realization dawned on Grayson. Today was one year since it happened.