Part 4

Two days later, it was Monday, and it was time to tell the essential people about Emily's pregnancy. Obviously, her team and coaches needed to know. The couple wasn't sure if school counselors needed to know, so they decided that they would get to school early to talk to them.

Grayson drove the two of them to Emily's gym so that she could get her car. Then, they drove to their high school separately and walked in together.

The halls of Latona High School were different when they weren't full of students. The couple quickly made their way to the counselors offices and found one of them there. Emily knocked on the door, where she was greeted with a somewhat shocked "Come in."

"Um, hi. We were just needing to talk to you because needed to know what we're supposed to do about something," Emily began. Mrs. Lewis, the counselor, gave the two a questioning look, and motioned for them to sit down. "I, uh, wanted to know what the procedure was for a student being pregnant. I found out on Friday that I am. I know that there are only a few more months left of school, but I didn't know if you needed to know," Emily explained, while subconsciously stroking the side of Grayson's hand with her thumb. Grayson had said nothing during the time they had been there. He was just holding Emily's hand to give her some comfort and show that they were in this together.

"Well, there's nothing that we can really do other than make sure that you know all of your options and that we're here for moral support. Do you know all of your options?" Mrs. Lewis explained. The couple nodded, and waited as it was obvious that she was about to ask something else.

"Do your parents know?" Mrs. Lewis asked. "My parents do, but his currently live in Australia and won't be back for a few months," Emily explained. Mrs. Lewis nodded in understanding. "Well, if there's nothing else you would like to talk about, then you two can go do something before school starts." The couple said their goodbyes and quickly walked out of her office. They decided to go sit on the benches in the little park right by their school.

"I need to schedule a doctor's appointment so I need to know when your practices are," Emily said while pulling out her phone.

"You want me to be there?" Grayson asked, stopping in his tracks. "Why wouldn't I?' Emily asked, stopping as well.

"I guess I just thought that you would do this by yourself and tell me about them afterwords."

"You're just as responsible for the minion. I want you there with me if you want to be. After all, we're in this together."

"Oh I'll definitely be there," Grayson said with a firmness in his voice. The couple finished their walk. Once seated, Emily began the call to her OB/GYN's office. The couple sat there, enjoying the morning while completing their task. Once they were done they went back to school, eager to get the day over with.

=======

After school, Emily and Grayson were eager to get to the gym so they could tell everyone about the pregnancy. They had successfully gotten through the school day without slipping the secret to anyone. They would tell their school friends later. Right now they just wanted to tell the people at the gym.

Even though Grayson didn't do gymnastics, he was an honorary member of the team. He went to every meet- even before he and Emily got together- and he was dubbed their number one fan. Everyone at Electrify Gymnastics loved him, and he was a part of their family. So, when he walked in behind Emily, everyone was very happy to see him.

"Hey what's up man?" Grayson and Emily's friend and classmate Steven greeted. He was on the male team at the gym, and he went to the same high school as the couple. They were also greeted by Pat, who also went to school with Emily and Grayson. They were the only two at the gym who went to school with Emily and Grayson, and they were also the only couple in the gym.

The couples chatted for a minute before Emily nudged Grayson. "Hey are Gina and Dave here yet?" Emily asked, wanting to know if her coaches had arrived yet. "Yeah I think they're in the office," Pat answered. Emily and Grayson smiled and began walking that direction.

When they told Emily's coaches, the two were understandably shocked. They asked if the couple was okay, and if they knew what they were doing. The couple answered honestly and were met with being told that Gina and Dave would help with whatever they needed.

"Do you want to tell the teams today, or do you want to wait?" Gina asked, needing to know how to alter the schedule. "I think since we're here we should do it today. I mean, I need to get my stuff anyway. I will still coach, and I was actually wondering if I could get some more classes since I won't be practicing anymore," Emily asked. When Dave gave her a list of classes that she could do, she signed on for most of them. She also signed on to help coach the pre-team, which she was really excited for.

Once her job was sorted out, Emily and Grayson walked out of the coach's offices. They quickly went to the room where the preschool classes are coached, which was empty at the time, and sat down while the coaches got the teams. The two teams, male and female, filed in, clearly confused, and sat on the floor. "What's going on?" Macey, one of the girls asked. "Yeah what are we doing?" Jacob, one of the guys, questioned. Emily and Grayson simply said that they would tell in a minute, and waited for everyone and their coaches to get in the room. Once everyone was seated, Grayson began.

"I'm obviously not an actual member of this team, but you guys have made me feel like I am, and this is the closest thing to a family that I have," Grayson said. "Before we begin, I want you to know that I love all of you, and this girl beside me, very, very much."

"I love you all very much as well, and this is going to be unexpected," Emily began. "I have to quit. But before you get restless, it's not for why you think."

"Is it your heart? Did you get the heart disease from your aunt?" Pat asked, suddenly very concerned. "I said it's not what you think," Emily said with a laugh. "It's from when I passed out last week." A couple of the teens began to connect the dots, but a slight shake of Grayson's head kept their mouths shut.

"I'm pregnant. I don't know how far along yet, but I know that I am. That's why I couldn't practice or compete last week, but you obviously didn't need me considering you all got first!" Her team smiled, and Grayson continued. "I know this is unexpected, and it certainly wasn't planned, but it happened and we're gonna make the best of it. We already love this little Electrify mascot already. You may let your emotions out now."

Once he said that, the room erupted. Everyone was cheering and running up to hug the two. Love was passed around, and eventually the team had to get back to work.

Emily and Grayson said their goodbyes, and Grayson helped Emily get her stuff from the back, only to be told that she was leaving her stuff there because she would always be a member of the team. Emily and Grayson said their last few goodbyes and walked out of the gym to their cars. They both said their goodbyes and that they would see each other at home before driving back to their house. They just wanted to go to bed after this very, very long day.