Part 5

Two weeks after Emily had found out she was pregnant, Emily was in a grocery store picking up things on her way home from work. Grayson was still at practice then he had the mandatory dinner with his baseball team that happened once a month right after, so Emily figured that she might as well go to the store on her way home before picking up some Taco Bell that she was seriously craving. She was walking down one of the final aisles on her list when she saw the person that she would want to see least.

Unknown to anyone except the two involved, Ella Smith had been sending Emily money every few days. Just random amounts so that her husband wouldn't get suspicious, but enough that it helped the teen. Ella and Emily had been talking constantly, the older woman unable to keep from talking to her daughter for long. The two still hadn't seen each other since Emily told her parents she was pregnant, because unlike Ella, John was still extremely furious about his daughter being pregnant out of wedlock.

Emily saw, at the end of the aisle, her parents, obviously out doing the same thing she was. The two looked up as well, seeing their daughter.

Ella smiled a huge grin and ran to hug her daughter. The women hugged for awhile, so happy to see each other. They had gotten closer over the past few weeks. John, however, stayed right where he was, glaring at the teenager. Ella walked back over to her husband and whispered to him. Emily could sense the harshness in her voice without hearing a word she said. She knew exactly what her mother was saying. "Go talk to her. She's your daughter. It is our duty as parents to accept this. We may not like it, but it's the way it is. Now go talk to her."

John huffed and walked over to Emily, clearly not by his choice and not happily. "Hello," he said while shooting his eyes to a random box of cereal on the shelf. "Hi," Emily replied, following his gaze. "Could you at least look at me? I'm not dirty," Emily said with annoyance. Her father shot up at that, clearly having something to say to that. "How can you say that? You're pregnant, and you've obviously had sex more than once. How can you think that you're not a dirty, no good slut?"

Hearing that, Emily was overcome with rage to the point that her hand reached up. She was about to slap her father. She wanted to slap him. But she stopped herself. She ignored him. To her mother she said, "Good to see you, Mom. Keep in touch." Finally, to her father, she said, "I hope I never have to speak to you again. Rot in hell."

With that, she walked away to pay for her groceries, eager to be anywhere but that store.

=======

Grayson got home that night at 10:00. He found Emily on the couch sobbing.

"What is the matter?" He asked concerned. "My dad," she started. "What did he do now?" Grayson asked.

"I saw him at the store. He was with my mom. My mom came and talked to me so nicely like she has been for the past few weeks. Then, she made my dad talk to me and he said all these horrible things to me about how I was a slut. I almost slapped him, you know. I wanted to. But instead I said goodbye to my mom and told him to rot in hell. I can't believe I said that. I know he deserved it, but he's my dad," Emily explained, crying again.

"It's ok, Em. If he's not gonna accept you, then he doesn't deserve to be called your dad. Call him John if you ever have to mention him again. He no longer deserves to be your father."

That seemed to make Emily feel slightly better. She was exhausted, and so was Grayson, so the two went to get ready for bed. They both did their nightly routine and crawled into bed, falling asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows.

=======

The following weekend was fairly casual. Emily went shopping with her friends Abbey, Pat, and Madi Saturday afternoon. Her and Grayson went out bowling with a group of friends Saturday night. The couple went to church Sunday morning, where they had become experts on avoiding Emily's parents, and then they had a lazy Sunday afternoon watching movies and cuddling on the couch while it rained outside.