"Astrid...I wouldn't have forgiven me," Hiccup said with a sigh. "But...I am grateful you're giving me a chance now."

"Aww...so cute," Tuff commented, nudging Fishlegs who was giving a little squeak. Then they heard the sounds of laughter and glanced over at Atali's table. Eret was pointing at Hiccup and his expression was extremely uncharitable.

"And that is definitely not cute," Ruff added. Hiccup shrugged.

"Used to it," he mumbled as Astrid and Heather shared a look.

"Dagur-can you keep an eye on Hiccup?" the raven-haired girl asked. Her brother raised an eyebrow.

"What sort of eye?" he asked dryly.

"A watchful and preferably protective one," Astrid said. "I mean, those asses ambushed him at his locker this morning..."

"And even Snotlout isn't that stupid to try again," Dagur pointed out.

"A matter for debate," Hiccup noted.

"But there are places where he can go and I can't," Astrid argued.

"Wow-so not feeling like a damsel in distress here," Hiccup commented.

"Still sarky," Tuff interjected.

"And still my best feature," Hiccup added. "Guys-I will be fine. I can handle myself. And I'll keep my phone with me-fully charged-so if I end up in another trash receptacle, I'll call. I promise."

"You know, you never mentioned stubborn," Astrid pointed out, her eyes glittering with irritation.

"I am a descendent of Vikings-we all have stubbornness issues..." he reminded her. Then she grinned.

"But only a handful have razor sharp wit and sarcasm you could skin a dragon with," Astrid shot back, her eyes softening.

"And that was a mental image I could have gone my entire life without," Hiccup sighed, patting Fishlegs's shoulder. "It's okay, Fish. No one is harming any dragons...or any other form of fauna. Though skinning some of my former friends...metaphorically speaking...wouldn't go amiss." Astrid cast a glance over at the popular table and chewed her lip, running her mind back over how they had behaved before and after they had realised who her famous Uncle was.

"You know...I think we need to think about that," she said as Hiccup looked up.

"Maybe you all want to come round to mine tonight?" he offered. "Say-five, five-thirty? Can't believe I'm saying this but...I do like the idea. Thor, I thought I wasn't that kind of guy either but..."

"But sometimes...there have to be consequences?" Astrid suggested with a small smirk. "And that means taking on the popular gang."

"With the Scooby gang here here," Hiccup added with a small smile.

"Hey-I thought you were the Three Musketeers," Astrid reminded him.

"OOH. So who am I? Am I Porthos?" Tuff asked eagerly. Astrid instantly looked guilty and cast a half-glance over at Fishlegs. The solid blond teen looked upset.

"Aww, c'mon-my Mom says I'm husky. HUSKY!" he protested. "I mean Athos is way cooler..."

"Nope. Hiccup is Athos. Definitely. Because he was my favourite Musketeer-all mysterious and noble with a tragic past..." Astrid replied. Hiccup stared at the table.

"Some of that may be correct..." he mumbled. Astrid leaned forward.

"I mean Athos being all tragic and noble is seriously sexy," she whispered as Hiccup's eyes widened.