We took turns exchanging stories about our break and Al asked them about the rumor that had been circling around about me. Rose and Annabelle exchanged looks that pretty much told us that they had.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

"It was such a stupid rumor that I thought that everyone would quickly get over it. I also thought it was a stupid school rumor. I had no idea that it was a wide-known thing." Rose said. "I can't believe that Uncle Harry believes it!"

"He said something about his scar hurting," I shrugged.

"That doesn't make any sense. If you were Voldemort's son then his scar would have started hurting the day you were born by that logic!" Annabelle said.

"Exactly! He's being ridiculous!" Al agreed. "So, the only thing that we can do is find out what is causing his scar to hurt."

I gave Albus a baffled look. "What now?"

"If people are going to believe these stupid rumors then we have to prove to them that they have no grounds," Al said and pulled out a gold necklace.

Rose gasped. "Is that a Time-Turner?"

I looked closer and realized she was right. "Didn't they destroy all those?" I asked.

"They did but my dad had one in his office. I'm not entirely sure why."

"We can't use it! Going back in time is dangerous and, in this case, not worth it!" I said. "I don't care what other people think of me. This rumor will blow over soon enough."

"And what if it doesn't? What if people don't ever forget this rumor and believe it to be true and you won't get employed because of it?" Al pointed out.

"And our word would stop that? Even if we did this and we saw that it wasn't true, it would still be our word against theirs. The risk outweighs the supposed benefits. I won't do it."

"Just think about it, Scorp—"

Al started but I cut him off. "No. Just drop it, alright?"

He did and an awkward silence filled the compartment.

****

The ride to Hogwarts was quiet. We spoke from time to time but nothing seemed to stick. I was still mad at Albus which was a bit ridiculous, I'll admit. He was only trying to help but I knew that it had a lot more to do with him than me. I didn't have much of a problem with Harry believing the rumor. The only person that I cared about that believed the rumor or not was Albus. I'm sure Albus saw this as another way that he was a disappointment to his father. Dating Voldemort's supposed son. That's what worried me most of all. That due to all the trouble and the labels and the judging, he'll give up on us. I didn't want Albus to go back in time not only because it wasn't safe, but what if it was true? He can deny it but I know that it would crush him to find out. It would crush us.

When we finally got to Hogwarts, I skipped dinner, heading straight to my dorm room. Albus didn't follow me. My luggage was there waiting for me so I slipped into my pajamas before crawling into bed. It was only six but I had nothing else to do. I wasn't hungry nor was I tired. I pulled out the book my parents had given me for Christmas and started to read to get my mind off things. It wasn't long until the door opened and Albus walked in.

"What happened to dinner?" I asked, setting my book down beside me.

I couldn't stay mad at him because I understood him. I wanted to be mad at him because he was being idiotic. I understood but it was still idiotic.

"Wasn't feeling that hungry." He said, taking a seat cross-legged across from me on the bed.

I nodded but didn't say anything more.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't think that you would get upset. I figured you would want the rumor to be eradicated as soon as possible."

"You haven't been listening, Al. I don't give a rat's ass about the rumor. I've constantly been told how much I look like my father and I trust my mum. Even if somehow Voldemort drunk a Polyjuice Potion and disguised himself as my dad, my mum would have known. None of it adds up so why do we have to go back in time to prove something we already know?"

"I see," he said and crawled over so he was sitting next to me. "You're afraid."

"Am not—"

Albus wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him until my head was rested against his chest.

"It's okay. I told you before. Nothing can change the way I feel about you. I love you." He kissed the top of my head and I felt my eyes welled up with tears.

It was pathetic. I don't know why I was crying but just the fact that he knew what I was feeling and said exactly what I wanted to hear, made my heart hurt.

"I love you too."

"I won't do it. If you don't want me to then I won't use the Time-Turner. But it wasn't just the rumor that I wanted to refute. I thought that we could go back and see who Turned you."