Chapter 61

Liana

Six months later after that incident, our lives have changed completely, somehow. We are more grateful and more loving. Mia and Grayson officially went back to NYC, three months back. Kingsley and Caitlin seemed to be having a hard time, staying away from each other and it is pretty cute, while Stacy and Jason officially became a couple, a month back.

I resume with my work, a month after the incident. Dylan was still surprised about how anyone could attack a baby like me, which I rolled my eyes at. Oliver's relationship with his parents was stronger. They are working on projects together that help fund for children's and families needs. I wouldn't say that I officially moved to Richmond, but I am staying there more than I stay at my own apartment. Oliver was trying to be less possessive and I officially got the same pendant as before without the tracking device. Oliver said he wanted me to come with him back to NYC and I was more than happy to take the invite because I wanted to visit home.

My families was devastated by the news about my incident and I had to reassure them that I was fine. Oliver seemed super excited about our visit back home and he stemmed to be arranging couple of things because he always leave the room to talk to someone.

The day, that we were flying back to NYC, he picked me up from the office after work. He looked handsome in white button up shirt and dark blue suit. The receptionists at George always seem to be at awe whenever he picks me up and I have to tell you, he comes to pick me up very often from work and drop me off for work too. Our world, somehow blended in together as we seem to make plan, not as an individual anymore, we look out for each other and plans for both of us every time. He joked a couple of times,that we seem like a married couple now, doing things together.

"To us." He said as we clink our champagne glass, while sitting on the private jet. He built up his business in Seattle as well, as he bought numerous other small businesses in Seattle as well. As for Megan, she is serving some time in prison. I testified against Megan after I was discharged from the hospital. During the hearing, she sat there glaring at me and even threatened me, which brought her lawyer some trouble as the lawyer claimed, that Megan was feeling guilty of doing what she did.

Numerous reporters reached out to find my details, but failed miserably and I was glad about that as I wanted off time from the spotlight. Being with Oliver is hard, he is the apple of the eyes of the public. His handsome looks, young and rich vibe do bring me trouble at times, as women flirted with him occasionally, anytime and anywhere. Although he is taken, but not officially taken, people think there will be a slight chance that his heart might sail somewhere else.

Mia and Grayson was there to pick us up at the airport and they looked happier. I can say that I missed NYC so much and I am glad that Oliver brought this topic of visiting home. We ate at a fancy restaurant and Oliver seemed to be a little distracted with his phone, again. He was texting someone and I wanted to peep and check who was it, but he quickly turned it off and give me a wide grin.

I pouted and looked away, he has been on his phone a lot lately and seem very distracted. I shouldn't be upset because it might be work., but it is happening so often and he doesn't want to talk about it, either.

Oliver was very surprised when he learnt I was staying with Mia in my previous apartment.

"If you would have kept your phone down, when I was telling you, then you would have known." I said.

"Couple fight." Grayson joked and seeing Mia and my reaction, he raised his hand in a defensive manner.

After that incident, Oliver and I was rarely away from each other, which is why I know he is a little sensitive about it.

"You even nodded your head and said hmm when I was telling you and I thought you were fine with it."

"I am not fine with it." He said as we stood in the parking space.

"Doesn't matter now, Mia and I already made plans."I said.

"It matters to me." He said.

"But you agreed to it."

"I know I was a little distracted at that time."

"You are still distracted." I said pointing out.

"Baby, it was important."

"Sure." I said.

"Just tonight." He said, frowning.

"Oh no, don't start with me." I said shaking my head. "Mia and I made plans."

"Please." He whined.

"We will see ." I said almost giving in and Mia looked at me with a glared. "I didn't agree, yet." I said to her and she rolled her eyes at me.

"I know you will."

I was glad to be home, the apartment was the same and I realized how much I missed home. Oliver texted me, saying he missed me already and I chuckled.

Tomorrow, my family is coming over and I was more than excited to meet them. Mia told me, day after tomorrow, which is a Sunday. There is a party at Oliver's home and I was surprised to hear that because he didn't mention about throwing a party.

The next day, I slept in and when I woke up. Oliver was on my bed and was reading a book. "Morning, sunshine." He was too cheerful for the morning.

"What are you doing here?" I sighed and moved closer to him as he played with my hair.

"I missed you, you slept in late." He said, pointing out the most obvious thing.

"What's the time?" I asked.

"12:38 pm."

"That's late." I said, but still making no effort to get up.

"Grayson told me your family is coming in today." He said casually.

"I told you about it, too." I said glaring at him.

"Was I too busy that time too?" He asked pretending.

I give him a look and got up from bed. "You are way too distracted these days." And moved towards the washroom.

He did not say anything as I walked away and I was not sure how I feel about this, I thought we were doing great. I guess I was wrong.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, Beautiful You, is almost to 100k reads! Help us reach there. Beautiful Us is coming to an end soon, add my other books to your reading lists. To the readers, asking me to update on "Seasons of the Year" book. It is on hold until this book comes to an end (Spoiler: Which is very soon 😭) read my other book, "Loving Everly Gray." Thank you for all your support in all my books ❤️