Chapter 55

Liana

The day have finally arrived for all of us to travel and I was more than excited to know more about Oliver. The surprise thing was that we were all been upgraded to business classes upon arrival in the airport and fun fact; Oliver owns that airline. Stacy and Mia was thrilled and so was I.

"You never told me you own one." I said to him.

"One of the many things that is hidden." He said. "Interesting facts?"

I rolled my eyes. "We are trying here." I reminded. "About getting to know each other in terms of personal."

He give me an amused look and grinned. Jason interrupted us and his focus shifted to him. Kingsley put his arm on my shoulder and sneakily took me away from Oliver.

"You want to get punch in the vacations too?" I asked.

"Jason wanted to tease him a little." Kingsley smirked. "I'm always down to tease your boyfriend."

"Sometime you seem to be the jealous of me, do you secretly like Oliver?"

"Oh, I adore him so much!" He said rolling his eyes and mouth dripping with sarcasm.

"Hey!" I heard Oliver shout and Kingsley flipped him off and continued our way to go to the plane.

"You will get hit, then don't cry." I warned him.

Before he can reply, he was pulled back and Oliver was fuming, his face was red as he scowled. "Do not start with me." And then pulled me close to him. "You are suppose to call for me and not go with him."

"Hey! It's not my fault, now. Is it?" I asked.

"Oh, we will have lots of fun." Kingsley sang and walked away.

"Definitely." I said.

"Sure, you two can have fun." Oliver said and then he walked away from me. I sighed and scowled at Jason who just laughed at me. Oliver, is very easy to pleased, I apologized and pouted at him and then promised to hang out with him and he was all happy again.

Our flight to California was incredible with all the extra services from the crews as their boss is sitting on the same flight. California is warm like expected and we were picked up by Justin and Esme themselves and they seem happy seeing us. We are a lot of guests to handle, Grayson and Oliver was treated like young children by their grandparents and it was an adorable and different sights for us. As expected, their house is big and beautiful. They surely know how to take care and design the home. Esme was proud of her interior and said she picked up things by herself and designed the house herself. Justin give her a fond look and you can clearly see the love and adoration he have for his wife.

What none of us expected was to see a couple sitting on the couch and waiting for our arrival. The similar features of them with Oliver and Grayson made it obvious that they are their parents. Oliver did not look happy and give his grandparents a look.

"What a surprise!" Esme faked surprised. "Everyone is here, they say more the merrier." And give a fake laugh and expected us to all laugh along with her, but none of us did because we can feel the sudden tension in the room.

"What are you doing here?" Oliver asked, I moved away from him and give our friends a look that said to leave the room and allow them some space.

We went upstairs to take a shower and waited patiently for any call from them, but it seemed like we will be upstairs for a while because the long conversation between them have been pulled for way too long and now is the time to make it for things.

As I walked around nervously in Mia's and my room, Stacy walked in calmly and said, "Shoot, no wonder who they got the looks from, they all look like models straight out of the magazine!"

I had to agree with them, Oliver's parents hold themselves pretty well and look powerful. I wonder if Oliver is fine, he is sensitive to even talk about his parents, I hope everything goes well for him and he figure his family life out.

What felt like eternally was exactly five hours later, we were called downstairs for dinner. Oliver was not in a happy mood, everyone can see that. His mother, walked to me as I stood beside Oliver and asked if he was okay.

"Hello, my name is Lillian Lee, I am Oliver's and Grayson's mother." She said with a warm smile and if I didn't know that there was some problem between Oliver and his parents, she seemed to be a nice woman. She had a nervous look and looked to make sure Oliver was fine with her greeting me.

"Nice meeting you, Mrs. Lee, my name is Liana." I greeted her.

"Just call me Lillian." She corrected me. " I would have love to say, Oliver spoke a lot about you; similar to all the dramas in the TV,but honestly I have no idea."she tried to crack a joke to keep it cool.

"That's because you were too busy making money." Oliver snapped. His mother give me an apologetic look and then said,

"We tried contacting you and Grayson." She said.

"Sure, through our assistants? Next time I will also contact your assistant and say that I was trying to call you, but you didn't reply."

"I know. Your father and I have a lot to make up on, but if you and Grayson give us a chance to make up for our mistakes and allow us to communicate in a better way. We would really appreciate it." She said, her voice cracking and almost in tears.

I looked at Oliver and noticed his feature softened, which I know is a good sign and signal him to say something to his mom.

"Fine." He muttered. "One last chance."

I was so proud of him for making an effort and trying to fix what was broken. He sighed at me and muttered, "Thanks Liana." You can hear sarcasm dripping in his tone and I grinned as his mother looked back at his husband, who was waiting few feet away from us. It seem like everything was falling into its places, even though it is too late, but at least we won't have regrets later.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers, thank you for your support.