Chapter 25

Liana

I started punching his back and Mia screamed, horrified, "That's kidnapping!" She accused.

Oliver put me down and made me look at him, his eyes warm and desperate. "Please." He pleaded me. "I want us to talk about it."

Something must be wrong with me, his smell and his closeness was so intoxicating that the next thing I know is I was nodding my head. I just give Mia a sign and she sighed and flipped Oliver off again, before taking over the driver seat of the car.

I sat at the passenger seat, not sure what to say. He sighed and said, "What was the real reason of you deciding to break up?" He said.

"I think it is not a good idea to talk about it while you are driving." I tell him clearly and he chuckled.

"How I have missed you and your new side is pretty interesting."

"Glad it's entertaining." I mocked him and he smiled.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "Just so you know I have to be home by 6:30 pm for night in."

"You will not be late, I promise." He said. "I just want you to come with me somewhere."

"Okay?" I said looking outside.

"Are you and that dude a thing?" He asked after a brief silent and I looked at him.

"You mean Kingsley?"

"Yea?" He asked.

"We have a second date plan." I said to him honestly.

He gripped the steering wheel tightly and his knuckle turned white and I smacked him lightly.

"Let's be open about this, I think we both should move on from each other. We never worked out."

"That's because you keep running away from me." He frowned.

"I think you and Megan are perfect." I said. "It's about time I move on too."

"Megan and I, we are not official. It was just business reasons."

"It doesn't matter to me." I cut him off.

That shut him off and he frowned. We reached a place, it was a building, not too big and there was security and people holding cameras? There was a red carpet.

We pulled to the entrance and I frowned at him.

"What is this?" I asked him.

"Just an art exhibition." He said as he stepped out of the car and came to my door and opened it and I shake my head, No.

"There is cameras, there is people. There will be rumours."

"If we have to work out our relationship, this is the first step." He said and I shake my head again.

"If we have to work out why involve the others?" I asked and he took my hands.

"So that the world knows who you belong to and most importantly they will know the truth."

"What is the truth then?" I whispered as I stepped out of the car and the flashlight blinded me.

"That I was always in love with you and nothing has changed for me."

There was questions thrown at Oliver about Megan and he stood in the stairs and said, "Megan and I were always friend." And that earned a lot of gasps.

He turned us around and took us inside and I shake my head, "This does not mean we are official." I tell him.

"I know, I just want us to start over again." He said. "So allow me to try again."

"There is no point in trying when the other side is not trying." I tell him and he looked at me and he took my hands.

"This time, we will make it work." He said with determination.

"I don't know."I tell him honestly. The place is fancy, servers was serving snacks and champagne. There was beautiful photographs on the wall and I felt weird, both of us was not dressed for this event, but Oliver he look straight out of the magazine without any effort. His walk was confident and proud as he lead me to a old man and few people.

"Grandpa." Oliver greeted and the old man's smile turned to a grin.

"Here, my grandson is here." He proudly tell the people who was with him. "And who is this lady?" He asked with a smile.

"Liana Parker." I tell him. "Nice meeting you, Sir."

"Just call me Justin." He said. "Nice meeting you."

"Just like I promised, I brought my girl to your exhibition." He said looking at me and I looked away.

"I thought you and Megan?" His grandfather asked both amused and confused at the same time.

"Where is grandma?" Oliver asked.

"With some community people." He said looking around.

"I have to take Liana home soon, I stole her from her friends and I promised to take her back on them."

Justin pouted and looked at me, "That is so sad, why don't you join us for lunch tomorrow? We will be here till tomorrow evening." He asked looking hopeful and I squirmed nervously, unsure how to reply.

"Grandpa, she didn't even know that I will be bringing here to meet you, leave her alone." Oliver whined, showing his rare child like behaviour, making him look younger.

"I think lunch will be perfect." I said looking at Oliver and his grandpa.

"That's perfect. Maybe that time you can meet his grandma?" He asked.

"That will be great." I said and looked at Oliver who smiled shyly at me.

"Is that your work, Justin?" I asked the old man and his eyes brightened.

"Yes, how do you like it?" He asked.

"It's breathtaking." I tell him honestly.

"I had to travel around the world for this exhibition." He said. "Maybe you should travel with Oliver too. He hardly takes break from work."

I turned silent by his words and Oliver interrupted. "Say hi to grandma later from us, we will be leaving soon."

"Ain't you staying?" I asked him.

"I was here yesterday too." He said to me. "Exhibition for 2 days."

I nodded my head, "It was nice meeting you, Justin." I said and he smiled warmly at me. His smile reminding me of Oliver and I realized how similar their features were.

Author's Note: Thank you for your support! The support for both "Beautiful You" And "Beautiful Us" has been incredible. Once this book hits 700 reads we will post a bonus chapter! Help us reach our goals! Thank you once again!