Chapter Forty-Six: Seized Within

Start from the beginning

But most of all she could never forget the unceasing amount of love her mother expressed every day.

Now she was gone.

"Oh, how delightful. A family reunion. "A vile serpents voice uttered, from behind.

Emoriah clenched her fists tightly in control, as her fury slowly began to fuel the growling monster within her stomach.

One more word...and the twat will be a melted pile of goo before he could ever say "how do you do."

"You must know love, it had to be done. There was n..."

Emoriah raised her fist and bopped.

And there was nothing more savoring than the absolutely dumbfounded expression upon his malicious face.

Disbelief clouded Thale's eyes as he staggered backwards, before he lifted his fingers to catch the gushing flow of scarlet blood dripping from his nose. Dragging his eyes slowly up from his tainted hand, he again met Emoriah's gaze speechless.

Ah, this was quite refreshing. She should do this more often.

"My mother didn't have to be a part of this." Emoriah raised a brow, as the ebbing silence between them only grew. "But she was and I ought to know why."

"My love, how I wish I could preach my very soul to you. But I mustn't." An eerie grin a lit Thale's pained features, as he held his thick cloak tightly against his flowing nose. "No matter how enchanting you appear right now." He finished, with a flirtatious wink.

Bloody psycho git!!

What was his deal?!!

Crackling flames instantly sprang to life on her palms, but before she could pounce on his muscular frame, she heard shouts of a scuffle behind her.

Turning her gaze, she watched in horror as Jax's stout leg kicked her father's noggin, before snatching her mothers un-moving body from her father's arms.

Could this day grow any better?

Emoriah barely noticed her pounding heart and slickness of her palms, as she rushed franticly to her father's side. A bloody gash gleamed against his pale brow only sending another antrum of fear to her poor racing heart.

"Father!"

Emoriah swiveled her shaky fingertips across her fathers sweat stricken face, until she found no other sign of injury. Relief smacked right through her chest, as she finally caught her breath.

She couldn't lose her father.

Not just after....

"Until we see each other again, love." Thale's musical voice sang, abruptly.

Jax's stumbled over his bulky trousers as he made his way over towards Thale's smirking gaze, with her mother's body dangling over one plumpy shoulder.

Then something terribly sickening transpired. The moment Thale gripped Jax's thick arm they vanished in the air with a resounding pop.

Emoriah felt her lips widen in shock, as her eyes searched desperately in the shadows for someone she knew deep down was gone for good.

Spotting her fathers confused face only brought out the burning tears hidden within the depths of her eyelids.

They left with her mother's.... body.

Numbing silence took a hold of the room.

Though it wasn't long, before Emoriah finally embraced the overwhelming emotions gurgling just beneath her reach. One tear grew to two which then quickly grew to a river of sobs, as Emoriah mashed her heated fists down on the slick icy floor.