Prologue

After that huge fiasco that S.W.A.T. had to take care of in downtown Chicago, Shaylynn has been receiving offers from other S.W.A.T. units from around the country thanks to the media.

~~~

Sitting in her office, she scrolls through all the emails that have been filling her inbox all week offering her a position. Staring at them, she scrolls past, never answering them.
Turning off her computer screen, she leans back in her chair when she hears a knock at the door.
Standing up, she walks around her desk and out of her office.
Walking up to the door, Shaylynn opens it to see a blonde woman standing there holding a briefcase with an armed man behind her.
"Shaylynn Voight?" the woman questions.
"Yes, can I help you?" Shaylynn asks.
"I'm Mayor Barrett of Los Angeles. May I come in and talk to you?" she asks Shaylynn.
Shaylynn moves to the side, Barrett walks inside with Shaylynn shutting the door behind her.
"Can I get you something to drink?" Shaylynn asks her.
"No thank you," Barrett says as they walk to the living room.
Both ladies sit down, "What brings you to Chicago? And why are you here to talk to me?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Why I'm in Chicago is to see you. And the reason why I'm here is to offer you a job," Barrett tells her.
"Wait, you're the one who sent the email about Metro S.W.A.T.," Shaylynn says remembering the name Barrett as the sender.
"Yes, when you didn't answer I figured I would come here to see you," Barrett tells her, "I'm sure you're getting other offers as well," Shaylynn shakes her head 'yes', "I figured as much. Los Angeles really needs you! A war is starting and we need the best!"
"But don't you have snipers?" Shaylynn questions her.
"Yes, we have some of the best snipers around but none of them are long range snipers let alone have bomb experience, building and defusing them. That's why I want you! That's why Los Angeles needs you!" Barrett tells her, "You'll be paid a million a year and I have access to a house you can live in so you don't have to rent."
Shaylynn smiles, "That won't be necessary. I already own a house out there," she tells Barrett.
Barrett looks at her surprised then gets into her briefcase and pulls out a tablet handing it to Shaylynn, "Turn it on and you can see the facilities you'll be at."
Shaylynn looks at her while the tablet turns on, "That I'll be at?" she questions Barrett.
"Yes, you already have a place out there, so it's perfect for you! I doubt you have a place in all the other places that are offering you a job. But there's one thing, you can't discuss your salary with the people who'll be working with. As you can imagine not everyone makes a million a year. The Commander and the Captain won't even know what you're making. Your hiring is going straight across my desk."
Shaylynn smiles a little then looks down at the tablet to see a picture of the outside of the building.
She then flips through the pictures and sees all the areas that are inside, "Very impressive!" Shaylynn tells Barrett.
"Will you at least come to L.A. and check it out?" Barrett asks.
"Alright, I can come out next week," Shaylynn tells her.
"Perfect!" Barrett says standing up, "It was a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Voight. I look forward to seeing you next week."
Both ladies walk over to the door, Shaylynn opens it, "Have a safe trip home!" Shaylynn says.
Barrett smiles and walks out the door.

~~~~~~~~

A week later Shaylynn's touching down at LAX.
Getting a Uber, she heads straight to headquarters.

~~~

"Have you noticed it's been quiet all day. Not one call has come in," Street states, "It's kind of creepy!" he says looking at the screen.
Hondo and Deacon look at each, Deacon walks out heading to the kitchen area. When Hondo notices, he walks out after him.
When he walks in he sees Deacon getting some coffee.
Looking behind him, Hondo makes sure no one has walked into the room, "How are you doing?" Hondo asks Deacon.
"Doing the best I can with a marriage that ended in divorce," Deacon tells him.
"She took the kids and left you. You tried everything to make it work, don't forget that! She's the one who couldn't handle it any longer!" Hondo says.
"I know but to make it so I can't see the kids, really. It's been six months and I haven't seen my children! The judge told her if she won't allow me to see them, she won't be receiving any child support. I thought that would make it so she would change her mind but it didn't," Deacon says as they walk out.
"That's cold," Hondo says as he and Deacon walk down the hallway to see Barrett walking around with a blonde.
Street hurries and runs over to Deacon and Hondo, "Who's that with the Mayor?" Hondo asks Street.
"Shaylynn Voight," Street tells him, "Looks like she's a new recruit," he says as Luca walks over.
"You guys see who we're getting on our team?" Luca asks with a huge smile on his face.
"You know her?" Hondo asks Luca.
"I don't know her personally but she was all over the news a couple of weeks ago for a call the Chicago S.W.A.T. unit handled," Luca says.
"How do you know this?" Street asks.
"I watch a lot of T.V.," Luca says.
"Deacon, you've been awfully quiet," Hondo says looking at him, "Deacon," he says.
Hondo, Luca, and Street look to see Deacon's staring at Shaylynn.
All three men look at each other and smile.
"Deacon!" Hondo says a little louder.
"What?" Deacon asks as he comes out of his fog.
"Pull yourself together they're coming this way," Hondo tells him.
Barrett and Shaylynn walk over to them, "Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to Shaylynn Voight. She's coming to us from Chicago S.W.A.T.," Barrett tells them as she sees the huge smile on Luca's face, "Introduce yourselves, gentlemen."
"I'm Dominic Luca, everyone calls me Luca," he says shaking Shaylynn's hand.
"Nice to meet you," Shaylynn says turning her attention to the next guy.
"Daniel Harrelson but call me Hondo," he tells her.
"Nice to meet you," Shaylynn says to him also.
"Mr. Harrelson is also the team leader," Barrett adds as she and Shaylynn turn their attention to who's next.
"Jim Street," he tells her.
"Nice to meet you," Shaylynn tells him looking at the next guy.
"David Kay but everyone calls me Deacon," he says shaking Shaylynn's hand.
She smiles at him, "Pleasure to meet you," she says.
"Alright gentlemen, I need to take Shaylynn and introduce her to Hicks. After that, I'll have to be leaving so maybe you can introduce her to those we've missed," Barrett.
"Won't be a problem," Deacon tells Barrett.
Shaylynn and Barrett walk away, Hondo puts a hand on Deacon's shoulder, "Are you volunteering to show Shaylynn around?" he asks Deacon.
Deacon shakes his head 'yes', "Sure," he says.
"Did you notice Deacon is the only one who received a 'pleasure to meet you' while the rest of us got 'nice to meet you'?" Street asks looking at Deacon.
Deacon smiles, turns, and walks away.
Hondo, Luca, and Street all look at each other and smile.
"That was low key hitting on each other!" Street expresses.
Hondo and Luca look at him, "Are you jealous?" Hondo asks.
Street shakes his head 'no', "You old guys need love too!" he tells him with a big smile on his face before he takes off running.
Luca and Hondo look at each then take off running after Street.  

~~~~~~~~~

A little something.

Let me know what you think.