Chapter 7 "Followed Me"

"DAVID!" Shaylynn screams looking at the collapsed section of the building.
She runs over to the Fire Chief, "Was anyone inside?" she asks.
"We're not sure," he tells her, "That's why we're trying to hurry and move the rubble."
Shaylynn shakes her head and runs off around to the other side of the building.
"DAVID!" Shaylynn yells again.
"Shaylynn?" she hears coming from her left side.
Running around a loading dock, Shaylynn is relieved by the sight she sees.

She runs over to him, taking him into an embrace, "Hey, I'm going to get you dirty," he tells her

"I don't care," Shaylynn says as Deacon puts his arms around her, "Is everyone alright?" she asks him.
"Yeah, they're over by Black Betty," he says before she starts kissing him.
She backs up from him, "What happened?"
"We were doing a sweep through the building when we started to hear popping sounds. As the popping sounds got closer to where we were, we could see pieces of brick shoot out from the walls and knew what was happening. We all took off running to try and make it out before the building came down," Deacon tells her.
Shaylynn puts her hands on each side of his face feeling his beard under her fingers, "Don't scare me like that ever again! Do you understand?!" she tells him.
Deacon smiles, "Likewise!" he tells her.

~~~~~

The D-Team arrives back at headquarters with Shaylynn following them.
Walking in, the team heads back to the locker room as Shaylynn heads to the briefing room.
After she turns the corner, she stops dead in her tracks.
Turning around to look at her is her father Hank Voight and his whole entire Intelligence Unit.
Shaylynn's surprised look turns into a pissed off one. She looks over at Hicks and Mumford and notices they're looking at her so she walks over to them.
"I don't have to introduce you to these people now do I," Hicks says smiling at her.
"No, Sir you don't!" she says looking at Hank, "If you'll excuse us," she says to Hicks as she walks toward Hank, grabs his arm, and leads him out.
When out of the room, Shaylynn turns to him, "What are you and the others doing here? I thought coming out here I wouldn't have to worry about something like this happening," she tells him.
"We've tracked a serial killer from Chicago to Los Angeles, that's why we're here," Hank tells her as Adam walks out to them.
"Hello, Shaylynn," Adam says to her.
"Hi, Adam," she says looking at him.
"You look good," Adam says noticing a ring on her left hand, "Are you married?" he asks when Hank gets a surprised look on his face then looks at Shaylynn's hand.
"Are you married?" Hank asks her.
"Yes, I'm married," she tells the both of them.
"That was fast!" Hank tells her.
"When you know he's the right one, you don't mess around," she tells Hank as Adam gets a depressed look on his face.
Shaylynn looks and notices the D-Team is walking their way. They start walking into the briefing room until Shaylynn motions to Deacon to come over to where she is.
Deacon walks over and stands beside her, "David, I'd like to introduce you to my Dad, Hank Voight and one of his Officers that's in his Intelligence Unit, Adam Ruzek. Dad, Adam, this is my husband David Kay but everyone here calls him Deacon," she says.
Deacon gets a surprised look on his face, "It's an honor to finally meet you, Sir," Deacon says extending his hand to Hank.
Hank extends his hand and shakes Deacon's.
"Adam," Deacon says as he extends his hand to him who's not sure if he wants to shake his hand or not until he looks at Shaylynn.
Adam extends his hand, "David," he says.
"They're here because they tracked a serial killer from Chicago to L.A.," Shaylynn tells Deacon.
Deacon nods, he looks in to see Hicks looking out at them, "We better get in there," he tells them.
Hank and Adam turn around and start walking back with Deacon and Shaylynn behind them.
Deacon looks at Shaylynn to see she doesn't look happy, "Are you alright?" he asks her.
"We'll talk later," she tells him as they walk in.

Sitting in the locker room, Shaylynn hopes no one from Chicago walks in and finds her.
The door to the locker room opens.
Quickly looking over at it, Shaylynn sees it's Anastasia walking in.
She sees the look on Shaylynn's face, "Were you expecting someone else?"
"I was hoping it was no one from Chicago," Shaylynn tells her.
Anastasia gets a confused look on her face, "I take it you know them?" she asks.
Shaylynn shakes her head 'yes', "Sergeant Voight is my Father," she tells Anastasia.
Anastasia gets a surprised look on her face, "Now I understand the tension that was in the room while Hicks was talking."
"I didn't think I would have to deal with them then thanks to this serial killer coming out here, of course they're going to follow him," Shaylynn says, "If I find the bastard first, I'll kill him for creating this mess!" Anastasia snickers a little, "I'm serious, I'll kill him," Shaylynn tells her with a straight face.
"Oh," Anastasia says surprised not knowing what to think about what Shaylynn said.
The locker room door opens again making Shaylynn turn her head quickly to see who's walking in.
When she sees it's Luca, she relaxes. That's when she notices the smiles between him and Anastasia.
Shaylynn sits there smirking at them as Luca gets in his locker then closes the door.
He walks past Shaylynn and looks at her, "Shaylynn," he says, smiling.
"Dom," she says back to him with the smirk still on her face as he walks out.
"So, you and Dom?" she questions Anastasia.
"What?" Anastasia asks her surprised with an innocent look on her face.
"No reason denying it with me. I have this act in being able to tell when a person's lying to me. It came in handy while in the military," Shaylynn tells her, "Dom's a nice ride isn't he?"
"You've had sex with him?" Anastasia asks her.
Shaylynn gets the smirk back on her face, "I knew it!" she says seeing Anastasia turn red, "And no, I've never had sex with Dom. Never had the chance. I set my sights on David and went straight for him."
Anastasia smiles and shakes her head, "You're very good at interrogation," she says, "You have a different style but it works."
"Do you think you and Luca will get serious?" Shaylynn asks her.
"I don't know," Anastasia says as she shuts her locker.
"Or do you have your sights on someone else?" Shaylynn asks standing up.
"Maybe," Anastasia says as Rocker walks in.
He walks past them, "Shaylynn," he says.
"Hi," Shaylynn says back.
Anastasia watches Rocker walk past and sees him look Shaylynn up and down as he walks to the bathroom.
Looking at Shaylynn, Anastasia smiles, "What?" Shaylynn asks.
"I think Rocker has a thing for you," Anastasia tells her.
"No way!" Shaylynn says, "He's married and he knows damn well I'm married."
"You didn't see the way he just looked at you," Anastasia tells her as they walk out of the locker room.
Shaylynn thinks about the times she and Rocker have talked and the looks he's given her, "Don't repeat what you've said to anyone," Shaylynn tells her, "I don't want David freaking out especially since I transferred to Mumsfords team. I don't want him to think I did it to be close to Rocker because I didn't!"
"Lips are sealed!" Anastasia tells her.

After the shift is over Deacon can't find Shaylynn anywhere.
Taking out his phone he calls her, "Hello," she says.
"Where are you?" he asks.
"Out in the car," she tells him hanging up.
Deacon shakes his head as he puts his phone away and walks outside.

Getting into the car, Deacon looks over at her, "What's going on?" he asks her.
"I took the job out here so I could get away from Chicago and now it's followed me," she tells him.
"Did you and Adam have something going on back in Chicago?" Deacon asks her.
She looks at him, "Why do you ask?"
"When you were around him, he couldn't take his eyes off of you," Deacon says starting up the car.
"Yes," Shaylynn tells him, "He asked me to marry him."
"Oh," Deacon says as he drives down the street, "That's why I got the look I did from him after you introduced me as your husband."
"Can we please not talk about this anymore," she says looking out the window.
"Alright," Deacon says grabbing her hand.
He pulls it up to his mouth and kisses it.

~~~~~~

Driving down the street to reach their home, Deacon starts to slow down.
He pulls over and parks the car, "What's wrong?" Shaylynn asks him seeing he's staring straight ahead, she looks to see what he's staring at, "Who is that?" she asks him.
"Annie," Deacon says as he opens the door.

~~~~~~~~

The character Anastasia belongs to ChloeOgradyXo