Wake Me Up

Max's POV

The glowing and sparkling was still going on when she said that. Happiness spread over my body in the form of goosebumps and a tingly feeling. I smiled and said, "really?! I get to go back home?!" I regretted everything that just came out of my mouth. Blake had a look on his face that looked like he was just punched in the gut. His mouth was dropped to the floor. "Blake I didn't mean-" I said quickly trying to recover. "No, i-it's okay." he said as his eyes became glassy. I ran up to him and hugged him. "I'm gonna miss you so much, you know that right?" I spoke into his chest. I felt his arms wrap around me. "Yeah... I know. I'm gonna miss you too." he said almost in a whisper. I felt myself fading away. "No, not yet!" I yelled pulling away. Tears started falling from my eyes and that's when I new it was out of my control. "I'll see you soon, Max!" he yelled to me, smiling. I love how he could be happy even in the worst situations. "I love you!" I screamed, his smile is contagious I swear. "I love you too." he said when he thought I was gone but I still hear☺️. And then I was back home.

I was alive again! I couldn't open my eyes but... I was alive! I tried really hard to open my eyes but it was exhausting. OH MY GOSH THIS IS WORSE THAN RUNNING LAPS! Sorry, school troubles. I finally got them open but the room was spinning around violently. I try to put my hand on my head to stop it from spinning but it's just pulled back by IVs and a bunch of other tubes. "Someone help!" a voice asks. I don't recognize who it is but then he speaks again, "Max?" I know exactly who it is. "S-S-Sam?"

Doctors rushed in and helped me before I threw up. "I'm alive?" I asked myself and him. "Yeah." he laughed. "You weren't dead in the first place actually which was the most relieving thing ever. You slipped into a coma though and they were gonna pull your plug today. They thought you weren't gonna wake up." Sadness takes over his face just thinking about me dying or never waking up. "How long was I out?" I ask curiously. "A year." he says like it's nothing.

"A year?!"