"Seriously? Why?"

"Well. She's worried about you, Castiel. She wants to you to get out there, you're thirty-three and she wants you to find someone, so she arranged for you to meet one of our close friend's son. He seems like your type of guy."

Castiel laughed, "You're funny, and since when did you know my type?"

When Bobby didn't respond in any amusing way, Castiel took the hint.

"Oh. oh. You're serious? Really, Bobby? I'm fine on my own."

"Nobody says you aren't good on your own, but I agree with her and you're coming."

Bobby cut off any form of argument and Castiel was forced to nod.

"Where are you headed?" Bobby questioned.

"Check on the Lisa deal. See how They're doing on her corpse."

Bobby nodded and they went on their separate ways. This really is not only a long day, but a long week.

And its only Wednesday.

The car ride was boring and slow and when Castiel actually arrived he was surprised to see, "Oh hello, Alistair" Castiel added the venom on purpose, because oh how much did he really dislike This man you ask? A lot.

The man grinned in a way that Wouldn't surprise Castiel if he found out Cain was him all along. "Hello, Castiel."

That little shit.

"It's Agent Novak. Only my friends call me Castiel."

Alistair rolled his eyes. "Oh pardon me, Agent Novak."

Damn. Right. You. Apologize.

"I came in to check on Lisa's body. Give me the details? I don't want to spend my time with you."

Alistair laughed. "Of course you would probably prefer taking it up the ass, you little slut wouldn't you?"

Castiel's face flamed red. He would have shot, scratch that. Arrested this guy for being an ass. Watching him rot in a fucking little cell would be better.

"Yes, actually. I would prefer it up the ass then having to stand here with you. Now. The details before I fucking arrest you."

Castiel stood his ground and Alistair took the note that he no longer was about to take another sarcastic reply.

"We haven't got anything on her, she's too disfigured."

"ok."

Alistair raised an eyebrow, "Maybe I will see you after work?" His eyes raked up and down Castiel. "I always liked you in unifo-"

"Fired." Castiel said and that threw the man way off gaurd.

"What?!"

"Goodbye Alistair. I'll see you tomorrow." Castiel stopped. "Wait. I won't because I'll be speaking to you're boss over harassment. I could arrest your dumbass. So you're welcome."

Castiel exited and almost ran down to his car because the next stop was home and he's hardly ever there, but he refrained. Why? Because he was an important man, who would be going out tonight. A few drinks really wouldn't hurt.

Halfway through his usual route home, Castiel recived a call.

"Gabriel?"

"Hey, Cassie!!" Gabriel yelled through the speaker of the car.

Castiel sighed. Yes he was related to this fool, but oh how he missed the guy.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nun much, Cassie. Just called to check in on you like big brothers do. What are you up tonight. Agent?"

Gabriel loved to tease his younger brother about his job.
"Going home. Just ran into Alistair at the morgue."

"Ouch. Did you kick his ass?"

"No. I would love to though. Can I sue him?"

Gabriel laughed.

"I'll see what I can do. But considering his dumbass, I could win that case for you."

Oh Gabriel always knew how to act.

"How's law going for you?"

"Hmm.. I've got a case about some wife wanting to sue her husband. I'm defending the husband while apparently I'm going against a top lawyer who's good at his job???"

"Really?? What's his name?"

"Sam something. I really don't know."

"You never know."

"You know me so well. Anyways it was nice chatting, Cassie. Michael and Lucifer called earlier. Told me to tell you hi whenever I hear from you"

"Yeah tell em I said hi too and I'll talk to you later Gabe."
--

"Hey, Ginger." Castiel slid off his shoes and bent to pet the red haired feline. She purred as his fingers passed her back.

He laughed, "I bet your hungry. Did Ms. Grove come today?" Castiel found himself speaking in a lighter tone.
He walked into the kitchen and quickly poured his cat a meal.

After, he passed his living room and went into the master bedroom. Being important had its pros and cons. A con could be a nice home to live in. Five bedrooms and its own sunroom. A con could be the fact he had nobody to live with except his cat, he'd never accept the fact he's lonely most of the time, but he really was.

His room was probably the most boring thing in the entire fucking world.
Bathroom, king bed in the middle, dresser,closet, nightstand.
That type of room.

It didn't matter though because he almost spent everyday at work or out.

Castiel took off his jacket and loosened his tie before flopping down onto the white covers. It was like laying on clouds.

There was a soft meow before Ginger was on his stomach.
The warmth made him feel at peace, so why not shut his eyes. He's got nothing to lose.

The next time Castiel opened his eyes it was followed by a gasp and a hiss. His cat jumped off and landed on the floor, "Sorry." he muttered.

Checking his watch it was now 8:43pm and holy shit oh fuck no.

Three seconds and he was in the shower. Done in about half an hour, but you couldn't blame him. A warm shower is like the best thing.

When he had his towel wrapped around his waist he began to brush his teeth and all that. Around that time he caught his image in the mirror.

There were light black circles around his eyes and he just didn't look like Castiel. Castiel wasn't the mean type. He was the type to be sitting at home with a cup of tea and book in hand. Or the type to go on trips into the middle of nowhere, or own a garden and follow the bees, but no. Castiel, that one changed. Now he was this bad little bitch that chased down the bad guys. The one to cuff you before you had a chance to explain.

It was hard to keep an image when you really just wanted a fucking nap.
And now Ellen, Bobby's wife wanted to set him up? For what? So he could ruin it and feel guilty for nothing?

"You really are a shit." He narrowed his eyes and ran a hand through his damp hair.

He dressed into a black button up and black slacks. His pistol settled behind him, between his back and jeans. He made sure even if he was out he would be ready. Always ready. He even went as far as having a pair of cuffs on him.

Once done he quickly said goodbye to his kitty and was out into the cold air, he shivered.

His next destination was The bar, Harvelle's bar. Ellen usually worked there at night so maybe he could put two together and get everything settled about playing cupid and he'd get a drink. Easy as One, Two, Three. Right?

Wrong.