eighteen • welcome home!

Maddie's POV

I ran straight into my house and into Gaia's arms. She hugged me back, and then I bent down to Sparky's level to kiss her nose.

Chris plopped down onto the couch. "Okay, tomorrow everyone will come over, including Oliver and his parents."

I agreed and went up to my room. I needed a nap.

•     •     •     •     •

Kylie and Gaia were in my room, helping me get ready. Oliver and his parents would be here in two hours and the girls said I had to look nice.

They tossed me my Wednesday Addams dress and white frilly socks that reached to my mid shin. I was given black creepers by Gaia.

"Let's redo your hair," Kylie suggested. "What colors do you have?"

"Black, let's do that."

She grinned. "Okay."

My hair was soon dyed and rinsed. Kylie placed it in a bun ontop of my head. She began doing my makeup.

"Okay, girlie, they should be here any minute," Gaia said. "Let's head downstairs."

We walked downstairs and everyone was there, minus Oliver and his parents. Even my grandparents and Nick and Jen were here.

"Wow, I guess dad really wanted everyone to meet him," I mumbled.

"Honey, he's your boyfriend," said Grandma. "Of course we want to meet him."

I shrugged. "I guess your right."

"On the other hand, you look nice," Ghost said.

"Thank you," I replied, sitting on his lap. I felt bad that I hadn't been spending as much time with my Ghostie as I used to.

Oliver texted me saying he was about five minutes away. I let everyone know and I could tell they were getting excited.

"Guys, it's not that big of a deal," I reminded them.

"Yes, it is," Dad responded. "He's your boyfriend."

"If you say so."

I ran to open the door once Oliver knocked on it. He embraced me in a hug, rocking us back and forth. I could hear everyone say 'aww,' but I ignored it and hugged my boyfriend even tighter.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"Not as much as I missed you."

"Welcome home."

We broke apart and sat down on the big chair Chris had in his living room. I sat across Oliver's lap. I saw the worry in my dad's eyes, but Gaia nudged him and he shook it off.

"Lunch will be done soon," Gaia told everyone. "And Kuza will be over in about ten minutes."

Oliver's parents looked out of place here, but I told them to make themselves comfortable. They smiled and sat on the couch next to the chair we were in.

I told Ron, Lindsey, and Oliver about tour and when we'd be leaving again. My family watched me with huge smiles, sliding in questions and comments.

•     •     •     •     •

Chris's POV

I leaned against the counter, waiting for Gaia to get the food finished. I watched my daughter and Oliver out of the corner of my eye. It seemed like I had only adopted her days ago, when in reality it was over three months.

"Loosen up, babe," Gaia said.

"She's only 14."

"Exactly. She's getting older. You have to accept the fact that she's gonna start dating, going out. Maybe even having sex."

"Not anytime soon," I growled.

"It's normal for teens," Gaia reminded me. "I'll go and get her put on the pill soon."

"She doesn't need the pill. She doesn't need a boyfriend," I huffed.

"But she has one. Better be safe then sorry."

I shrugged. "I guess."

She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Now, let's go hang out with your daughter and her boyfriend."

I smiled back. "Our daughter."

I honestly love Maddie and Oliver's relationship. They're so cute together. Also, who's excited for Disguise?! What song(s) are you looking foward to? For me it's Broadcasting From Beyond the Grave.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
638 words