Eleven

A/N: I apologize for not updating in so many months!! Honestly, this fanfic is a mess. The author notes are incredibly cringy, and I was not very smart when I chose to make this story third-person limited. I cannot write in third-person limited. But I'm gonna finish it soon, so...here we go!

Biana

This day was a week after they'd first found Keefe and Lady Gisela in the Neverseen hideout. It was the day of Lady Gisela Sencen's Planting.

Biana hadn't wanted to come, but Alden and Della had felt they had to. So there they were, dressed in green, watching the Wanderling sprout into the air.

Lord Cassius knelt before the tree, murmuring softly. He looked messy and disorganized, his clothes haphazard and unmatched and his hair unstyled. He covered his face with his hood, but when he tilted his head up to stare into the branches of the tree, Biana could see tears streaking down his face.

Despite all that he was, and all that he had done, Biana felt sorry for the him. His wife had betrayed him and then was killed by his own son. If that wasn't a tragedy, what was?

But Biana didn't feel nearly as much for Cassius as she did for Keefe. The guilt he felt...

Keefe had killed his mom. She might have been in the Neverseen, she might have tried to kill them, repeatedly, but it was still a heartbreaking fact.

And now they were both gone.

A/N: So, that was dark. To make up for this very short chapter, I'll do a double update!! :D