Five

Disclaimer: I do not own Keeper of the Lost Cities.

A/N: I FIGURED IT OUT! Thank you, KOTLC Fandom. Since nobody has answered my question, I discovered the Fandom and answered my questions! Woltzer is Biana's Goblin bodyguard, and Lovise is Dex's. Fitz's bodyguard is Grizel, and Edaline's is Cadoc. And don't worry, I remember Brielle, Grady's bodyguard!! Though I've always wondered; why are all the bodyguards the opposite gender of their charge? Literally all of them are the opposing gender. Just wondering...

Also, I think Tam and Linh live with Tiergan (and Wylie?) in 'a residence in the Lost Cities', which really doesn't help but whatever. Anyway, let's get to the story!!

Sophie

 "Does anyone know where Keefe is?" Sophie asked, tugging out an eyelash. "I haven't seen him all day."

It was the day after, and Sophie and her friends were gathered at Havenfield after a day at Foxfire. Fitz and Biana had already departed to But Keefe was nowhere to be found.

"She's right," Tam mused. "I thought that was normal, because Sencen is always ditching, but he wouldn't ditch you."

Sophie flushed and pulled her hair around her face.

"I'm sure he'll pop in sometimes," Edaline assured them cheerfully. She snapped her fingers, Conjuring plates of mallowmelt. "In the meantime, you guys can eat his cake!"

But Keefe didn't pop by, and Sophie started to worry.

"I'm going to go visit the Shores of Solace," she told Dex an hour later. "Do you want to come?"

"Sure!" Dex shrugged and stood up, stumbling on his own foot.

"We'll come, too," Linh added, gesturing to herself and Tam. Tam frowned.

"We will?"

"Thanks," Sophie mumbled. She stuck her head into the kitchen. "Hey Mom, Dex, Linh, Tam and I are going to go visit Keefe. That alright with you?"

"As long as Sandor's with you," Edaline called back. Sophie smiled.

"I'm here, ma'am," Sandor squeaked. Sophie hugged her mother from behind and darted back out of the kitchen to where her friends were waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "What do you mean, you LOST HIM!?" The words burst out of Sophie's mouth, on the edge of hysteria. "How do you LOSE your CHARGE?!?"

Ro was the very picture of misery, but she tried to brush off her concern for Keefe.

"He'll be back soon," she said disinterestedly, but her eyes kept moving around the room, as if searching for the missing Sencen.

"When did he disappear?" Sandor asked, all business.

"This morning." Ro twisted her hands. "He wasn't here."

Fear clawed its way up Sophie's throat and she actually gasped from the terror of it.

"Whoa!" A figure burst into the room, his hair flopping and clothes disheveled. Sophie's heart jumped--for a moment, she mistook Lord Cassius as Keefe in his wild state."I could feel that all the way from my ROOM!" the Empath blurted.

Then the moment passed and Cassius straightened himself up. His cold eyes passed over the little group and narrowed.

"Where is Keefe?" he asked. "I thought he was with you. As always."

The way he said it, with such disdain, as if hanging out with his friends was the most terrible thing Keefe could do, made Sophie's chest burn with anger.

"No. We came here looking for him," Linh replied, her voice and smile all sweetness. But Sophie could see the ire alight in her silver-blue eyes.

"Well, he is not here," Cassius drawled.

"We noticed," Sophie growled, her frustration starting to rise to the surface. "We wouldn't be here if we weren't looking for him. Where is he?"

"I don't know," Lord Cassius replied coolly, but Sophie could see his own eyes glimmering with suppressed fury.

She waited, waited for him to ask, to say anything. Finally, he gave in.

"Could you..." he trailed off. Cassius tried again. "Do you think..."

"If you want us to help find Keefe, we'll do it," Linh piped up sweetly. Sophie detected a bit of exasperation in her tone.

"Yes," Lord Cassius agreed hesitantly.

"What are we supposed to do?" Sophie asked her friends.

"Do you think he has his Imparter? I could track his Imparter," Dex suggested. Sophie stared at him in amazement and he shifted uncomfortably on his feet.

"That's great, Dex!" Sophie grabbed her Imparter from her pocket. "I'll get him."

They gathered around the device, listening, waiting... and waiting...

Finally, the line clicked off.

"I guess he's busy," Sophie murmured. Dex gently took the Imparter from her and started fiddling with it.

"Don't destroy it," Sophie warned. Dex glanced up and shook his head before diving back into the Imparter.

Linh glanced over at Sophie and gave her a reassuring smile. Sophie tried to smile back, to no avail.

"What in the Lost Cities?" Dex exploded suddenly.

"What? What is it?" Sophie scrambled to get to his side, but whatever was on the small screen made no sense to a non-Technopath.

"It says he's in the Silver Tower at Foxfire!"