𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

The empty coldness behind me broke my sleep, causing me to jump up immediately as my heart began to race

"N-no.." I whispered to myself.

"I'm right here.." Clarence spoke deeply, from the chair next to the bed causing me to calm.

"I thought y-"

"You thought I left.." he finished for me.

"I'll never do that again, you won't have to worry." He told me, sincerity deep on his words.

"And when I do, I'll always come back...". He said softly.

"W-why are you there, and dressed?" I asked eyeing his appearance.

He sighed before speaking, "they told you what I do here right?" He asked, hinting to what I assume was boxing—causing me to nod.

"Well that's what I'm about to go do, I have—a match." He said lowly.

"Why are you doing that, y-you don't have to." I told him.

"Stop," he shook his head, "I have to do everything he says, if I don't, I won't even be the one to get hurt. The people I care about will." He told me.

"Rodrigo kept you alive for the simple reason that your another leash for me. André played into his game and now you're life is basically over. You don't get it Jay, I'm a slave and now you are too."

When his phone vibrated he stood up,
"I have to go, I'll be back in a couple of hours." He told me before walking towards the bed.

"Can I go?" I asked ignorantly, looking up at him.

"No," he said flatly before leaning in and placing a kiss on my lips.

He then grabbed his gym bag and walked out the door.

I watched as he left, nerves instantly beginning to consume me.

"He'll come back, it's fine..." I whispered to myself.

I stepped out of the SUV—dozens of security guards flanking my sides as I walked into the venue

Cars were everywhere, surrounding the makeshift ring in the middle.