Chapter Twenty-Two

This Chapter is dedicated to florsint for being my 300 vote.

She opened the door of the car and before she stepped out she thanked the woman behind the wheel.

"No problem, Amanda," she smiled back at her. 

Amanda looked at the 14 boy sitting in the passenger seat and smiled at him. He did his famous white smile that made any girl but Amanda go crazy. "Bye Amanda," his voice was shaky because he was barley hitting puberty, and that thought always made Amanda laugh.

"Bye Adam," she smiled, then she turned to look at the boy who was sitting next to her and she smiled at him too. "Bye Aaron," before he could reply she closed the door on him and walked to her front step. Aaron was not as cute as Adam, she could admit that but she had the biggest crush on her best friend.

Amanda turned the knob knowing it was going to be opened because her dad was home at this hour. She took off her shoes and closed the door behind her. "Dad I'm home!"  Amanda screamed. It took her by surprise when her mom came out, her dad trailing after her. 

"You act like I don't know how to take care of her," her dad said facing her mom. 

Amanda smile slipped as she knew what was going to happen. Every time her mom had the chance she bring up the subject of how her dad didn't take good care of her, how he always took Amanda on motorcycle rides and how he never gave her healthy food and always let her out. Amanda guess her mom brought up the subject when she notice Amanda wasn't home but out with her friends once again.

"That is because you don't," her mom snapped back. Suddenly Amanda felt a pull on her arm and realize her mom was holding it tight. "If this is your way on being a father I will take my daughter and leave."

By every word she said the tighter she hold on to Amanda's arm, as if she was taking her anger out on her. "You are hurting her arm, let her go," he said as he notice Amanda's face of pain. Her mom looked over and notice it too and quickly let her go. 

"I'm sorry," she apologize as she looked at Amanda, Amanda ran behind her dad and hold until her arm, she notice the finger nails and redness.

"I am going on a ride to clear my mind," he said as he stepped out of the house, leaving Amanda and her mom alone.

"I'm going with him," Amanda whispered as she ran out the door before her mom could stop her. 

Her dad was just putting on his helmet when Amanda asked him if she could go with him, of course he said yes and gave her a helmet. Amanda loved going on motorcycle rides, especially with her dad it was like their thing. And when Amanda grows up she hopes she can get one too. It was pitch black outside sense it was pretty late, the only light were the street light. The part of Dallas they lived in was pretty quite and safe, no cars were around maybe a few pass them here and there but that was it. They were going around town for the last 10 minutes until her dad decided it was time to head home, and apologize to his wife and hope she will apologize to Amanda. His mind was in another place he didn't notice a person running to cross the street, he was going to fast to stop. The man froze in his place as if he saw the light to his death, but instead of trying to stop he tried to go around him but it didn't work out well when the bike slipped and  his helmet fell off. Once he stopped sliding his head voice two times into the creek floor and he felt blood around his face as he slowly turned around to face Amanda who also didn't have her helmet but she had her eyes close and he couldn't tell if she was breathing or not. 

"Don't die Amanda," he whispered, "Keep fighting." That was the last thing he said before he close his eyes.

***