Chapter Twenty

Dedicated to v_lemphi6 for being so sweet and sending me an amazing message that warmed my heart thank you so much.

Aaron's POV

Cameron stared at me wide eyes, shocked as I expected and I couldn't blame him honestly I would be to if I heard the words that came out of my mouth. But I wasn't cause I knew what I felt for Amanda and I have sense I met her and seeing her with any other guy angers me, I wouldn't want any one to be with her but me, no matter how selfish that makes me seem.

Cameron sat up straight and stared at the floor with a small frown clearly thinking and I was more scared of what he was going to say. If he would let me have the girl and still be my friend or if we would keep fighting and he would still chase her.

"When we said you two lived in Dallas and you said you never met her, were you lying?" was all he asked making me feel even more nervous.

"Yes, me and her were best friends actually," I said waiting for his next words.

"Okay," was all he said. He took a deep breath and looked up meeting my eyes as he slowly nodded. "Good luck man," he gave me a weak smile as I returned. He said he needed some time alone and I walked him out knowing it would take some time getting back to normal but it will be soon.

I closed the door and heard his bike ride of as I pressed my back against the door closing my eyes and letting a foolish grin spread against my face thinking of Amanda. Soon the phone rang and I ran to my room to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered not checking who it was, it was probably my mom.

"Aaron? Long time no see, friend," the unknown voice replied. I frown thinking who could it be and then it hit me like thick blocks, the nickname I haven't heard in 6 years.

Friend.

"Adam?"

***

Amanda's POV

I picked up my phone and stared at it for a while debating if I should call him or not, finally after a few minutes I dialed the number.

"Hello?" I heard his voice answered, a little down.

"Cameron? Can we meet up?" I asked him wondering if he would turn me down or not. After what seemed forever of silence he finally answered with a sure.

"We need to talk anyways," he said.

I nodded and I remembered he couldn't see me so all I said was a "we do."

***

I planned to meet Cameron at Ronny's and once I stepped inside I saw Cameron sitting in a corner booth with a cup in front of him, I walked towards him and sat in front of him making him look up from his cup and gave me a lazy smile.

"So what did you want to talk about?" he asked me. I sigh as I decided it was time to tell him the truth.

"I'm sorry Cameron but I don't feel the same way about you," I said looking down.

"It's okay," was all he said, I could hear a hint of hurt as he looked down again making me feel guilty. 

"You're a good friend and I'll admit I thought I had feelings for you, but there's this other guy and he's on my mind and I still don't know why. You don't deserve to be with someone who has someone else on their mind all day."

He chuckled taking me back as he looked up once again. "It's okay really Amanda, I was going to tell you we couldn't be together anyways, no matter how much I liked you."

"You were?" I asked not expecting that. He nodded still smiling.

"Plus nothing can break our friendship right?" He asked and it was me who chuckled this time nodding.

"Friends?" I asked.

"Friends."

-----------------------------------

Showty's note: Two updates the same week? From me? Check the sky's people pigs must be flying. So here's another update I couldn't wait, I was actually really excited for this chapter so here it is! It's also short but all my chapters are. 

I have over 8k reads and more than 150 votes and even though it seems a little it means so much to me so thank you all for liking this crappy book. 

I hope to sit down like this and write again and I plan to write next chapter real soon.

Bye...