Chapter Six

I’m pretty sure I never liked going to school. And many people hate waking up early, maybe even the teachers. So why do we have to wake up early?

Today was Monday and I woke up at 7 and only had less than an hour to get ready and go to school. I lazily got out of bed and made my way to the shower, after that I brush my teeth, did my make up, and got changed. I wore a black tight t-shirt, dark blue jeans, a gray hoodie, and wore my favorite black converse. When I got to the kitchen I saw a post-it from my mom saying that she already went to work. I haven’t seen her sense the fight yesterday and I’m pretty sure I won’t be seeing her any time soon. I ate silently and drove to school fifteen minutes ‘till the bell rings.

I parked in my usual spot and got out. Like always people stared at me, girls glared at me, and guys looked at my bike with awe. I just ignored the stares and walked to my locker. John was not there this time, he must be running late. I grab that books and everything else I need for the first few classes and slam my locker shut.

“Hi,” a voice said behind me. I expected it to be John but it was Cameron.

“Hey,” I said giving him a ‘what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here’ look.

“I haven’t seen you in a while,” he stated and we both started walking to class, well my class.

“I uh, was busy,” I said. Did Aaron tell him about the kiss?

Aaron.

I was still going with the plan of ignoring him today and any other day. I know I will feel weird talking to him, I mean after he kissed me I ran home, took a shower, and went to John’s place. I still remember him calling my name but he didn’t chase after me, and I was grateful for that.

“I was thinking, maybe after school you wanted to hang out,” Cameron asked. I looked at him and he was staring at the floor.

“Sure,” I answered. “We’ll meet at the alley?” I asked him. He looked at and met my eyes, he smiled and nodded. Then we suddenly stopped and were standing in front of my class door.

“I’ll see you after school then,” he smiled and I nodded and enter the class. There were a few students but not all of them were here. I took my seat in the middle of the class, I didn’t have this class with John, I just sat there looking like I was about to fall asleep. Students came in and finally the teacher, Mr. Jones. He had a beer belly and was bold he was very strict but was fun… at times.

“Class, settle down,” Mr. Jones said. He put some papers in his desk and started writing on the board. After a few minutes the door opened again getting the attention of all of us, Aaron was standing there looking bored. “Aaron, care to explain why you’re late?” Mr. Jones asked. Sense when is Aaron in this class?

“Oh please you know you don’t want to be here as much as I don’t,” Aaron rolled his eye.

Mr. Jones looked like he was about to rip Aaron’s head off while Aaron looked annoyed. Aaron was suddenly looking around the class you could tell he was looking for someone his eyes landed on me, he had no expression on his face he just looked like he wanted to say something, but that would have been embarrassing. I broke the eye contact and stared at my still empty desk but I could still feel his eyes on me.