Chapter 3:Misunderstood

───※ ·❆· ※───
Twenty One Pilots:Chlorine
Lovin' what I'm tastin'
Venom on my tongue
Dependant at times
Poisonous vibration
Help my body run

I'm runnin' for my li-i-i-i-i-i-fe
Runnin' for my li-i-i-i-i-i-fe
───※ ·❆· ※───

A thick air of tension laced the air, the night continued to move on and as the seconds counted on the strangers seemed to as well.

Weiss stood, still in shock and awe, watching the tension unfold. Being observed Weiss tried to read the room.

The blonde, she had identified as Yang, was still angry. Eyes narrowed clenched fists clutched tightly. In a similar fashion the drunken man did the same.

Ruby and the dark haired faunus acted differently. Both were much calmer as they loaded up an airship. Though, Weiss could tell from the furrowed brows and cautious glances that they were wary of the situation ahead.

Feeling an air of confidence arise within her, Weiss cleared her throat lightly. As she would when she previously spoke to her employees. But the reaction was not the same.

The blonde turned on her heel, annoyance laced within her angry features. Though she didn't speak, Weiss could figure out what she was thinking-a traitor, someone who took Run advantage and wanted to get them in trouble.

That was the last thing Weiss wanted.

"You better come with us" a gruff voice slurred slightly. The red-eyed man did not turn to look upon the former heiress, he only spoke as if he was talking to thin air.

Ruby turned and offered a slight smile, nodding her head towards the airship. Ruby stepped on, turning and widening her smile as a welcoming invitation.

Weiss looked down to her feet, all she had-or what was not lost in the rubble-was there.

She came to take risks.

Now she better make it worth while-at least while the opportunity presented itself.

Taking small steps Weiss made her way to the airship, it is fully closed with all the strangers on board waiting for her.

The doors came to a close and Weiss watched as the drunken man took the pilots seat.

Shuffling towards Ruby Weiss muttered, "should he really be driving this thing?"

"Trust me, " Ruby commented with a knowing smirk, "in the air he knows what he's doing."

With a slight hum of the engine the aircraft took off into the night sky. Three of the girls were seated in the back-Weiss, Ruby and the faunus. Yang sat in the co-pilot's seat. The air still being as quiet as before.

After more silent moments, Ruby spoke up in an effort to break the ice, "Well, tonight was eventful."

"It was" the faunus replied simply, offering a small smile but send a concerned look to Yang.

"Well, let's get this over with..." Yang swiveled in her seat, letting out an annoyed sigh.

Weiss shuffled in her seat a little feeling new eyes stare at her. Glancing out the window to her right, Weiss caught site of Atlas-the proud Kingdom that stood mid-air.

"Yang, I just... In the coffee sh-"

"No, Ruby. I want to here it from her."

Weiss felt herself freeze, her brain being wracked for an explanation they might understand. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Weiss replied softly, not meeting their eyes. "Ruby mentioned you help people and I have been looking for bugger opportunities" She lied expertly as she has done many a time.

"Well, then. If you sticking around. I'm Blake Bellandonna" the faunus smiled to Weiss.

Weiss could faintly recognize the last name but didn't put much thought into. Instead, she was grateful for the kind response.

"What!" Yang looked shocked at the idea of the former heiress staying. "She's staying?" Casting a glance to her Uncle looking for help.

"Calm down, there is nothing we can do now."  the man sighed, leaving the ship to hover in the air and turning around. "They know who she is, and she was seen with us. We have no voice but to transport to another location and lay low. Then we ditch her..."

'I have a name' Weiss thought in her head.

"Great" was the only reply Yang gave as she slouched back in her seat in defeat.

"The more the merrier!" Ruby piped up, a beaming smile on her face, "to finish introductions this is my big sis, Yang and my Uncle Qrow!"

Weiss nodded, again grateful for the kindness she showed. "I am Weiss Schnee..." Starting to speak with more confidence Weiss lifted her head a little higher.

Weiss was once again met with silence but felt more encouraged by Blake and Ruby. "So... As you spoke earlier, Ruby, how did you think I could help?" Weiss lifted a brow, eager to see how she could prove themselves to these people.

Cleaning her throat, Ruby glanced at her Uncle before speaking. "Specifics aren't important but... We need some information about dust deliveries."

"or how they are being stopped..." Blake cast a questioning glance to Weiss.

"Stopped?" Weiss questioned.

"Dust has been robbed for over a month now... Surely an heiress would know that?" Qrow questioned condescendingly. His red eyes staring through her as if Weiss was made of thin ice.

Yang cocked her head at this comment, "Well do you?"

Weiss felt a nervous spike arise in her, "of course I do." She lied again, "I hadn't realized that it was public information."

"We're doing some important work at the moment, " Ruby replied, placing a hand on Weiss' should, "if, in any way you can help us, we would be very grateful."

"Especially, CCTV of the robberies." Blake commented a hopeful spark glinted in her eyes.

Weiss inwardly gulped, "I work at the company. It should be no problem at all to get all the records and footage." Weiss smirked, putting on a brave face to cover her lies.

" You're from Atlas, " Yang shrugged her shoulders, "You might have some valuable skills". She sounded unsure but Weiss took the opportunity.

"Did you attend the academy?" Blake asked, "We all attended Beacon-in Vale."

"And qualified two years ago!" Ruby spoke loudly in triumph.

"No-for my family it was derogatory for us to do so..." Weiss recalled the speeches she heard when a certain someone turned her back on her.

Yang scoffed loudly at this, her momentary calm mood leaving again.

Ruby started at the 'heiress' her eyes trying to decipher something. But in the end, she offered a bright smile and shrugged it off.

Qrow grunted, turning in his seat. Weiss caught sight of a flask that he rose to his lips. But didn't bother commenting on it.

Yang followed his actions in turning around. "If we are sure about this... Let's go."  Yang let out a smirk as the aircraft began to move from its stationary position.

Weiss started out of the window, questioning what she was doing and her sanity.

"Contact ORNJ, location change." Qrow ordered.

Ruby nodded, pulling her scroll out of her pocket. "Where too?"

"We're going down to the mines..."

Weiss watched as the bright city view turned much darker to the floors of the mine opening and broken shelters they were underneath the floating kingdom.

───※ ·❆· ※───