Prologue

───※ ·❆· ※───
Panic! At The Disco-Ready To Go (Get Out Of My Mind).
So tell me right now
You think you're ready for it
I wanna know
Why you got me going
So let's go
We'll take it out of here
I think I'm ready to leave
I'm ready to live

───※ ·❆· ※───

A name uttered by everyone in the world, either praised with soft words. Muttered through curiosity. Or spat on by the eruption of hate that the individuals felt.

More common than the others, the hate was shared around. Public wars of voices clashed, some battles becoming more physical than others. But all hate was aimed towards one name.

Schnee.

Slow steady steps, trudged towards the office. Weiss Schnee like other individuals hated Mondays. Who didn't? But Mondays could be even worse for Weiss. One word, her father.

Being called into the office immediately was no joyous news to her ears. Though, her younger snarky brother wouldn't be there. A positive that would definitely be drowned in all the pessimistic thoughts.

The office was busy as always. Men, in black suits, stood straight, speedily weaving through the crowds of busy workers. Women, in a similar fashion, acting the same with work as their priority. All adorning the same blank faces that have been etched on every single face.

Weiss had chosen to do the same, though rather than wearing black she adorned her family colors. Ice white and cold blue.
A reflection of the Schnee name, Weiss scoffed to herself.

Soon enough Weiss had made her way to the elevator making a quick side step into the small gap that was left between the busy business peoples.

Slowly people left at their respective floors leaving Weiss more room that anyone would usually need. However, having more breathing space which, she could take pleasure in before facing her father. Or that so-called man who didn't better an eyelash of care for raising her.

Over time the elevator came to a halt. A small ding ran out, Weiss swiped her fringe with a huff as she gave herself the mental pep talk she knew she needed.

"Deep breaths and bite your tongue. You can't do anything wrong then..."

Steady steps clapped against the cold marble floor. Nodding to the receptionist, Weiss hesitated as she came face to face with the marble door, a reflection of herself could be seen staring back at her. A frown gracing her face, adjusting herself, Weiss hardened her look-one she had perfected over the years.

Extending her left arm, Weiss left a gentle knock before opening as soon as her father spoke.

"You're late, " Jaques scowled at his eldest.

Weiss scanned the room, the same old colors adoring it. "People had to get off the elevator..." Weiss replied back nonchalantly.

Jacques scowled depend further, "attitude is not needed her". He criticized, pressing his fingers together as he leaned back in his chair. The dead icy blue eyes staring intently at Weiss. "Now, moving onto business" he uttered flicking his hand to the chair as he began moving some files towards Weiss.

Begrudgingly, Weiss sat. Her hope of this being a small conversation ceased, as a pile of folders was shoved under her nose.

"Our Schnee legacy is everything that we aim to upkeep and develop. As you know it is our number one priority." Jacques paused, standing and beginning to encircle his daughter with his slow steps. "Me and Whitley have been speaking, we both agree that your role in the business is... terminated."

"Terminated?"

"Of course, " finishing his pacing, Jaques stood both hands pressed against the mahogany desk. Leaning forward he emphasizes his scowl, "you rebel against my orders, you don't listen to your superiors. What other choice do I have left!" His calm precious voice became a yell.

Stunned, Weiss started at her seething father wide-eyed. "B-but the people.."

"The people!" Jacques scoffed standing straight. " 'their starving we must do something!'" he imitated, sitting back down he allowed himself to regain his composure. "You are no longer needed in the Schnee business... Don't bother coming home either."

Shocked, Weiss sat there her eyes darting for an excuse. They only landed on a dainty frame, a silver case with a picture of her parents. Both cold faced, eyes burning into her skin. That's when she felt the tears that had begun to gather.

"V-very well, " Weiss coughed to cover her broken voice. Fast paced steps led her out of the room and she let her back hit the door.

Ignoring the receptionist or any other on-lookers, Weiss allowed one year to escape. It rolled down her porcelain skin until it reached her chin.

Regaining her breathe, Weiss moved forward barging through the crowds with a cold stare on her face.

Making contact with a swift cold breeze from the wind outside halted her fast actions.

The reality was beginning to be being pushed out of her thoughts. Weiss could only focus on the emerging hate toward her father, to her name, to herself.

Her eyes, glazed with mixed emotions allowed her to capture the site of Atlas life continuing. In all of her 22 years in Remnant, Weiss had a silver covered tray that covered her endless needs. Now it was gone, no one cared, did anyone care in the first place?

Her being was for the 'perfect' photos and news articles. Or so it was when she was younger.

Sighing, she urged her feet to move. They did, reluctantly. Still, in a graceful composure, Weiss made herself into a warm room, leaving the cold behind. A room adorned with white warm walls and brown tables to her left.

'Jadains Coffee Shop' was written in cursive lettering across the wall and shop front.

The welcoming environment allowed Weiss' attitude to become more positive. Nodding to the cashier, Weiss took a seat in the furthest corner. A usual table for the now ex-employee of the Schnee company. Usually, a book in hand with a warm cup of tea allowed her to escape the world in a book full of adventures.

Reminiscing in the warm memories she spent here, Weiss had not realized a waiter served her. Only noticing when the hot steam rose to tickle her nose.

The peace Weiss felt was then suddenly disturbed.

"Hey! I have seen you around before!" A bubbly, voice gleamed.

Weiss cocked her head to the side. A woman around her age, maybe younger, stood in black and red attire. A wide smile and gleaming silver eyes had sat down before her.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, " the brunette continued with the same enthusiasm. "You were on the news! Oh, I can't wonder how it must be to help people like you do! I mean I sorta do, don't get me wrong I love what I do, but-"

Weiss started confusingly at the rambling girl. "I still have no idea what you are talking about... Or where your manners are."

"Ah, I am Ruby! Ruby Rose!" The girl, who Weis now knew the name of blushed in embarrassment at her rambling. Slowing her talking she spoke more softly, "I saw how you told everyone that the company should do more for those who are less fortunate. How you questioned what Atlas was really doing through all these charities galas."

Sitting in silence, Weiss could not figure a reply. No, she wasn't stunned. Everyone must have known what she had said by now... But someone in Atlas was agreeing with her? That was out of the ordinary.

Taking a closer look to the stranger, Ruby knew this girl was not from Atlas. Her clothes littered with holes and scrapes said so much more. The large chunk of metal attached behind her also said that the girl was more than she seemed.

This girl looked like she was straight out of an adventure book.

───※ ·❆· ※───
Authors Note
Writer thoughts; an AU same world, same story. But what if Weiss never went to Beacon, never pushed her powers? Never had the heiress title and only a smaller job in the company?
Been a while since I posted so... here we go!