This is certainly a different sight, than back in Colorado. The streets here are more energetic and industrious and the establishments and properties here are taller and brighter. When I thought the lights in Colorado are the brightest lights I've ever seen, then I'm certainly wrong. The lights and signages here are twice the brightness.

The drive to Selena's flat is less than half an hour, which is enough time to call and text my mom back in Nashville and Karlie back in Colorado.

I pulled out my phone and turned it on to find a handful of texts and missed calls. Two from Karlie and four from my mom. As I was about to reply to my mom first, a new text came in and popped up in my screen to reveal his name.

I rolled my eyes at the sight of his text and mentally scoffed. I already feel nauseous by just reading his text and it says,

babe, let's talk. please. let's work this out, we can start over again. just please don't let me go.

How foolish of me to forget to block his number from my phone, and him saying we should start over again? No thank you.

I have to give him the latter though, he still texted me and even pleaded that we should start over again.

Well, at least he made the effort. But that doesn't compare on what he did. I went to my contacts and searched his name on the list, once I found it I immediately blocked him out of my phone, and out of my life.

I went back to the text that I was supposed to reply earlier and composed a message of just along the lines of 'I'm here in New York, and I'm safe.' and 'Don't worry about me, I'm perfectly fine'. I sent the message and also replied to Karlie, just the same as I did to mom.

I felt the car halted to a stop and I adverted my gaze off the screen and looked out of the window.

I saw a two floored house, that awfully looks expensive and it looks like it might cost a fortune. With its marbled steps leading to the front door, and stone paths displayed in the garden, filled with shrubs and different kinds of flowers that I couldn't possibly name all. It's like the type of house that you'll see in movies, it's basically everyone's dream house.

It's truly a paradise.

My train of thoughts and daydreaming got disturbed when I heard someone cleared their throat. I looked at the passenger seat and saw him facing me but his warm smile never wavering.

I smiled at him and pulled out my wallet from my purse to pay him for the ride.

After paying him and giving him a tip, which he refused at first but I insisted, I strolled my luggage behind me with my purse hanging on my shoulder, and crossed the empty roads to get to the impressive house.

Is this really Selena's house? She said it was just a flat, but what I'm seeing right now isn't just a normal flat. In fact, I'd like to call this mansion. I've never seen or been to a house as elegant and wide as this.

I let my luggage stroll on the grass and I let the soles of my flats step on the stone path leading towards the marble steps that leads towards the beautifully brown painted door. The perfectly shaped shrubs surround the whole house with different kinds of flowers decorating and designing the place, completing the image of the house. I stepped on the marble stairs, that's only three steps, while I carried my luggage with its handle.

Once I was done carrying my luggage, a brown doormat that says 'welcome' is placed in front of the door. I pressed the white doorbell beside the oak door, the rings of the doorbell echoes inside the house, making it look quiet and look like no one's home when in fact there is.