001.

Inglewood,California

5 Years Later

Chelsea

"Red girl toe a green flag she bang four k tre." Kenyia throws up four fingers as she bounced up and down on the couch watching Kentrell on the television .

A soft chuckle escape my lips as I shake my head . I ha no idea what I was gonna do with this girl .

This was an everyday thing with her . She would listen and watch Kentrell's songs for hours .

For her to be only five , she was definitely mature to be her age . She knew most of his lyrics by heart . Although she never met him, it's like she had a connection to his music . Little did she know was that that's her daddy on that screen .

Kentrell had accomplished his goals of becoming a rapper and leaving Baton Rogue . I was proud of him yet I couldn't help the hatred I felt towards him also.

I had been through hell and back after he left me over a fucking rumor . I had to deal with not only losing the love of my life but losing my child as well .

Kentrell wasn't there when I needed him the most but I was there when he needed me . I was there healing his wounds while he was opening mines .

A part of me appreciated that Kentrell broke things off with me, I was more than sure I wouldn't be where I am . But a bigger part of me just saw him as a betrayer .

How could you possibly plan your future out with someone , get them pregnant purposely just to up and leave because of what you heard while you were incarcerated .

I could and still can't get over the fact of how easy it was for him to walk away .

The sound of the front door opening then closing made me peep around the corner .

Seeing that it was Ashanti I smiled . She had Yosohn on her hip bouncing to the music right along with Kenyia .

"Hey Boo." Ashanti smiles widely as she entered the kitchen .

"Hey." I give her a side hug before turning to Yosohn who hides his face in his mama's neck .

"Stop being like that Papa." She smacks her lips before handing him to me . I walk over to the kitchen's island and sit him on it as I place his small hands in mine .

"Yoso?" I call his name and he looks up at me before smiling , showing the few teeth he had.

"Hey FatDaddy." I cooed tickling his sides .

"Girl a bitch is exhausted , tired , and hungry as hell." She sighs as she sits down on one of the stools .

"You want a plate? I just finished preparing dinner." I tell her

"How could I ever say no to your delicious ass food. You the reason why my ass fat , constantly stuffing me." She chuckles