The wolf with emerald green eyes

Start from the beginning

"I'm afraid not, I'd only embarrass myself and my partner. My father told me I was born with two left feet," Stiles answered with a smile. It felt good talking to someone who wasn't his father or the royal guard.

"Ah, what a curse," Derek joked with a smile of his own.

"I'm guessing you shouldn't be here," Stiles said then, turning his attention back to the dancers.

"What makes you say that?" Derek asked.

"No Royal colors, no family crest and you're wearing a mask that conceals your identity perfectly," Stiles answered turning back to face the mysterious man.

"As are you," Derek pointed out.

"Indeed," Stiles smirked, his eyes meeting the emerald green ones that were peering through the dark mask.

"So are you under strict rules from your parents as well or are we both criminals crashing a royal ball?" Derek dropped his tone to slightly above a whisper.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Stiles teased with a flirty smile.

Derek grinned back, "Perhaps we could take a walk in the garden, it's a beautiful night."

Stiles looked towards the veranda doors that lead to an exquisite garden full of party goers. He gave a nod and accepted the hand Derek held out to him.

"Can I interest you in another wine, my dear Fox?" Derek asked grabbing a goblet for himself off a nearby tray. He held it out to Stiles who took it with a curtsey.

"Thank you, my dear Wolf," Stiles was curious about this man. Was he a prince like himself? Or perhaps a Duke?

"To strangers in the night," Derek held his own glass up.

Stiles clinked them together before taking a sip.

"I'm assuming you came alone," Stiles said as they started walking through the hedges lining the garden.

"What gave me away?" Derek asked, peering at Stiles from around his cup.

"Well you're keeping company with the likes of me instead of another," Stiles pointed out with a smirk.

"Indeed I am."

Stiles wondered why the wolf had approached him at all.

"So why me then? Of all the people to talk to, why me?"

For a moment the wolf remained silent. "Even despite the mask, you caught my eye. Your pale complexion with marks of beauty," Derek stroked Stiles' cheek gently with the back of his hand. "The perfect pout of your full lips," Derek's thumb brushed just under Stiles' bottom lip.

Stiles sat speechless. He'd never had anyone talk about him like that, not without knowing he was a Prince.

"Why is it you allow me your company?" Derek asked then, his hand dropping from Stiles' face.

"Well you're wit for one. I like someone who I can talk freely with, and not have to concern myself with propriety. And also despite your mask, I know a handsome face when I see one," Stiles gave a teasing smirk.

"I wish you'd tell me your name," Derek spoke with a sigh.

"And I wish for many things which I do not receive," Stiles winked before turning to a fountain nearby. A large stone horse was spitting water into a gentle stream down into the surrounding water.

"You mustn't be Royalty then," Derek hummed.

"And what makes you so sure?" Stiles stretched a hand out, allowing the water to fall through his fingers.

Sterek(oneshots)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara