Chapter 23 - To Change One Thing

Start from the beginning

            “That all makes sense, I suppose,” she smiled at him. Vienna stood up and went straight to her bathroom, ruffling up his hair. When she’d finished dressing in her closet, Vienna came out to see Severus hunched over her desk with arms covering his face, balled up fists above his head.

            “I’m surprised to see you here still, is everything alright?” Vienna asked. He looked up at her, nodding his head slightly, forcing a meek smile on his face.

            “Yes, I am just summoning the strength to go back to my quarters and filch out a hangover remedy so that I might function,” he replied.

            “Ah, well may Merlin grant you the strength you desire,” she answered back. Picking up her wand she called “Accio Felix Felicis!” The little vial pendant necklace came zooming out of the hideaway above her bed. Vienna caught it easily and handed it over to the brooding Potion Master. Severus cocked a brow at her and took it in his hands. “Would you help me please?”

            “Of course, I’d only be too delighted,” he said affably. Severus handled the fine chain delicately, unhooking the clasp and bringing it around her neck. Vienna moved her hair aside to give him better clarity, waiting patiently for him to hook it. Once done, he fingered it lightly at her nape and placed a moist kiss there, creating chills. Her cheeks burned furiously as she let her hair drop and turned to face him. She lifted up the vial and looked at it carefully.

            “All I need is a little luck,” she whispered, dropping it down under her buttoned up shirt to conceal. Standing up on her toes, Vienna wrapped her arms around him pulling him into a hungry kiss. When they broke apart, he growled pleasurably in her ear. “I’d better get to breakfast, as you should too. Your house will be waking soon. I will see you in a while.”

            He followed her out, making sure the cabinet locked in place, and she went up the stairs to the Great Hall. Once there, she walked straight to her secluded end of the table and pulled a bowl of porridge to her and a glass of milk. There were bowls of brown sugar and fresh fruit for toppings, Vienna chose a small spoon of the brown sugar and a pat of butter. Swirling it in and blowing over the hot steam, waiting for it to cool down, she looked around the hall. Severus had come in through the back entrance that the professors sometimes used. Upon sitting, he was drawn into his usual obligatory blather with whomever he sat next to him. This made her smile inwardly, as she continued to scan. Rodrigo was looking straight at her when her eyes landed on him, his infectious smile already planted firmly on his full lips. She waved at him, and he took it as a signal to join her.

            She was scooping a spoonful of her porridge into her mouth when he sat down next to her, pulling a bran muffin from the bread basket.

            “Hola, ¿cómo estás?” he asked, smiling brightly.

            “Fine, thank you,” she responded, offering her own smile to him.

            “I no see ju jesterday, I hope all is good wid ju?” he inquired. “¿Quieres ir a las tiendas este fin de semana conmigo?”