Chapter 8 - Confessions in the Night

(A/N) OK I really struggled with this chapter because I got caught up in my Severus moment, mentally. However here it is. I  hope you like, it's a short chapter though. Comments are welcome. Thank you for reading :)

Vienna, Nadia, Savin Marques Eliza Kettle, are my creation, the rest are of course, JK Rowling's work. No Copyright Infringement intended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------           

Vienna felt sore all over, she was surprised to know she was still alive. Her eyelids felt too heavy to open so she didn’t try. She heard voices speaking softly nearby to where she was.

            “I am uncertain what exactly happened, Poppy. One of the house elves fetched me. Apparently Miss Marques became ill, and she called out for the elf. When the creature came to Miss Marques, she asked her to come and get ‘sir’ before passing out,” the man admitted.

            “How did the elf know it was you she meant, Severus, why not Filius,” asked the nurse in her constant worried tone.

            “I had the elf send her up a meal. She’d had a rough day, and I sent a serving of fire whiskey to accompany her meal to take the edge off. One of the Ravenclaw students let me in. When I came to where the girls were crowded, I saw Miss Marques slumped over sideways sitting near an empty glass. The container of fire whiskey was on her night stand still opened. I lifted up the glass to investigate it, and there was a dash of dried mint swirling the bottom. But there was a trace of something else. What it was, I cannot quite figure it out, but it was laced on the mint. She’ll need new apothecary supplies however. The mint was from her personal collection,” Severus replied.

            Vienna could hear Madame Pomfrey sigh, speaking with that motherly voice, “It’s a good thing you were informed Severus. And the Antidote you recommended seems to have done wonders. She no longer looks green nor is she sweating. Do you think her herbs were contaminated when she bought them?”

            “No,” uttered Professor Snape in a slightly louder octave, “I was in Slugger & Jiggs when she got them. In fact, I gathered them for her, Poppy. She is my top student, so I did the courtesy of helping her acquire some necessities. Someone has tampered with the girl’s stores!”

            “Alright, Severus, no need to get all huffy, I believe you. I just don’t understand who would do such a thing to her. Aside from being a tad bitter, she’s a good student.”

            “What you refer to as ‘bitter’ is more so intolerance to the filth that floats through the corridors. Miss Marques has always put her work first, and she has no patience for ignorance,” Severus drawled.

            Madame Pomfrey chuckled before saying, “If I didn’t know better, Severus, I’d say Miss Marques was teacher’s pet. She sounds like a spitting replica of the student you were when you attended.”

            “Poppy, don’t say another word,” he warned. At this Vienna finally made an effort to open her eyes. Professor Snape and Madame Pomfrey came to her sides, helping to prop her up against the pillows. Vienna let out a groan of complaint. Madame Pomfrey lit her wand and pulled open Vienna’s eyelids to check her pupils, then checked her throat, and finally waved her wand over the girl’s neck down to her torso.