Chapter 23 - To Change One Thing

(A/N) Okay here it is, chapter 23, hope you enjoy. Comment/Vote/Fan :)x The title of chapter is self explanitory when you get to the part it refers to.

I do not own anything relating to HP only my own characters. No Copryright infringement intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Vienna woke up, looking over at the sleeping man next to her. She didn’t dare question his statement about the Slytherin hair in her core. How did he know it was his? Vienna never took him for the type to offer anything personal to the Wand Maker. Groaning softly to herself, she rubbed her eyes and clambered over him carefully to get ready. However, with a brief visit of indignity, Severus chose that moment to wrap a protective slumbered arm on her body, trapping her calf. She felt herself falling helplessly onto his ribcage.

            “Ouch, it’s a good thing you’re petite. I don’t exactly see myself trying to explain to the other professors why I have a fractured rib. However, as sumptuous as your leg is, it might be worth it,” he whimpered. She grinned, leaning down to kiss his cheek.

            “I’m sorry if I hurt you, but it’s nice to know some things are worth the pain,” she tittered, stroking a finger in the strand of hair that hung limply on his face.

            “Mm… indeed they are,” he smirked, letting a hand glide up the back of her leg and letting it rest on her naked thigh, making her giggle and squirm against him. “What are you doing anyway?”

            “I was going to get up, shower, and possibly get dressed. And then I thought I may possibly have some breakfast in the Great Hall,” Vienna answered pleasantly.

            “Oh, that sounds productive,” Severus drawled. “That reminds me, the friendly neighborhood Spaniard was looking for you last night. He wishes to know if he may accompany you down in Hogsmeade Village this weekend. He mentioned something about dancing wardrobe, and I swear that is all he better be speaking of. Anyway, I told him I would inform you.”

            “Oh my Dark Angel is jealous,” Vienna cooed against his ear. His lip curled into a half smile at the endearment.

            “I’ve been called many things - some beginning with ‘dark,’ but angel is a first.” Severus got up, pulling Vienna up with him in a sitting position and placed a hand on his temple. Vienna just watched him contently. He cast his black eyes over to her, chuckling how intently she watched.

            “You are so innocent in the way you perceive me, and I feel almost guilty. And here I have a slight hangover due to your benign raving last night. You are both good and bad for me,” he muttered.

            “That reminds me, Severus…” Vienna saddled up next to him on the edge of the bed where he sat and placed a comforting hand on his lap. “How do you know the Slytherin core in my wand belongs to you?”

            “Hmm… well, a couple years ago, the Wand Maker coerced a handful of witches and wizards to offer up a part of themselves to use as cores. I thought it would be interesting to see who might get mine. Mr. Ollivander also informed me when it was purchased, and I was the only wizard Slytherin ever to donate a hair. When he sent an owl indicating that someone had purchased the wand whose core was my hair, I almost regretted it immediately, thinking some insufferable dunderhead had gotten it,” he explained. Vienna nodded in understanding, patting the spat where her hand lay.