Chapter 7 - Defence Against Daddy's Attack

(A/N) Sorry I took so long to update for those waiting. I had to redo some of my story because the one in my head was similar to someone else's fanfic.

Vienna, Nadia, Savin Marques, Eliza Kettle, Moxie, and a few randoms are mine, everyone else as you know belong to JK ROWLING no copyright infringement intended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The sun was shining down nicely on the open courtyard. Vienna found an empty bench, sitting down on the edge and stretched her arms backward to prop herself on them, her book bag slid down her arm. She shut her eyes to the brightness and just relaxed, letting the warmth soak against her soft Mediterranean complexion. A shadow fell upon her, blocking the red light of her eyelids.

            “Who is it now,” she inquired. Vienna could not bring to open her eyes to the disturbance.

            “Oh, um, sorry,” the small voice spoke. Vienna made a mental eye roll. Why could she not get a few minutes alone today? Vienna sat up and looked at the little girl, widening her eyes in false intrigue to what the girl may have to say. Cho Chang took notice of this and continued her stumbling, “Um, Vienna, do you think you can tutor me in potions?”

            “Honestly, Cho, no offense, do you think I spent my time in double potions for my health,” Vienna asked snidely.

            “Oh, um, of course not, Vienna,” she replied almost too quietly.  Vienna sighed heavily and groaned. She looked Cho squarely in the face, “Look, Cho. I am a 7th year, so I have a ton of responsibilities right now. One of them is helping the brilliance which is Professor Snape in aiding the young minds in potions. If you need extra help, I can assist you there. Plus, I have to keep my own studies up for the N.E.W.T.’s. That being said, I am not able to divulge any more time to one on one tutoring. I may perhaps be able to do group tutoring in the Ravenclaw common room. Also, you may want to take up the many books made available to us; which I will remind you, you will find in our school’s library and,” - she beamed sarcastically for emphasis - “in our VERY own common room!”

            “Oh, rrr-right, I’m sorry,” Cho let out through small sobs. The girl ran off towards the school. Vienna cursed silently at herself. She grabbed her book bag as the bell rang.

            Vienna now stood outside the Defense Against Dark Arts class. She made her way around the small group of students to Eliza and Dora. Eliza averted her eyes immediately. Vienna crossed her arms at her, “Oh for Merlin’s sake! If one more person makes me out to be the school bully, I may just cry. Bawl my bleeding eyes out! Like a fool! Will that make you happy?”

            Eliza fought to keep her face straight, but Vienna could see her friend’s cheeks push out. Vienna playfully slapped her on the back and turned to Dora, “How goes it with you? You’re both supposed to be in potions with me but didn’t show up.”

            “Well, Professor Sprout set up a meeting through Dumbledore with the head of the Auror Department, some man named Rufus Scrimgeour. He resembled a lion, down to his messy mane. Some scary lookin’ bloke joined him. He had this false eye that rotated compulsively in its holder. His real eye was brown; the fake one was a wild blue color. Not to mention it was extremely magnified by that thing that held it in. Part of his nose was missing, and he even had a false leg. If you ask me, he’s a bit paranoid. When Dumbledore offered us all drinks, he kind of just grunted and drank only from a hip flask he carries around with him. While Professor Sprout kept talking about my qualities and sharp eye, and how I would suit well to rid the world of Dark Arts users, he grunted more, stamped about me like I was a rabid animal under observation. It’s like he knew she was hiding something about me, you know? How I’m clumsy and constantly misbehaving,” Dora sighed heavily as if a great weight was lifted off her shoulders. Vienna eyed her, and grinned shaking her head at a loss of what to say. Dora’s eyes lit up a bit and defended herself, “I can’t help it if they invite the maddest lot in the Wizard world into Hogwarts, can I? Mr. Scrimgeour said he would look forward to seeing me train starting after term. That barking lunatic, who incidentally goes by the name ‘Mad-Eye’ Moody, kept shouting out to me. ‘Constant Vigilance’ he said, over and over.”