9: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ZARA LAYTON

The police officers moved into the house, guns out in front of them. Emily and Tim sat in the back of a police car, with one cop sitting in the front just in case. The police searched the entire house, with no sign of Zara, but they did find Jacob tied to a chair in his and Zara's room, with several pieces of tape over his mouth. They untied him, and led him outside, putting him in the car with the kids, but put him in the front seat next to the cop, just in case.

After searching the rest of the house, they still found nothing. So, all the cops went back outside, got in their cars, and started to head back to the police department. Once they arrived, Tim, Emily, and Jacob were led into a room in the back with a small table and chairs. They all sat down at the table. "Hello, my name is Andrew." The cop said. "And I need to know what happened."

"I woke up, tied to a chair this morning, and the door was closed so I heard or saw nothing that happened to my children." Said Jacob. Emily then went on to tell Andrew what happened to them, and he was left with his jaw to the ground. "Okay," He Said. "Zara who?"
"Layton." Said Emily, the cop looking confused. "She died three days ago." He Said. Emily looked up into his eyes. "No," she said. "No she didn't."

A week later, Zara was declared missing. Jacob and the kids went back to there house, and tried to forget it. However, Emily was put in a hospital because of her ankle being cut with that knife. A few hours later, the doctors found out that the cut had been infected, either because the knife was rusty, or that the cut was so big, dirt got in it. Emily had to stay in the hospital another week.