Chapter 1

You searched through some barrels for food when the shopowner came outside. "Be gone! You're scaring the customers away! Just wait until i calk the guards!"
You took off running and crashed into a noble person. Of course it was Maven.. "Do you.. Want to suffer again?! Dirty skeever!" She was right. Your ragged robes were dirty and partially even torn. But what should you do? You had no money.
"Get away before i call the thieves guild on you again!" you walked around on the marketplace, hoping to see someone who might give you a septim or two. You were cold, dirty, hungry and tired. And even more so you were desperate. Desperate for a normal life. Or at least for something similar to it.
You followed a man through some dark alleys and quietly drew your dagger before stabbing him into his throat repeatedly in a fit of rage. "I-i'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. But i'm so cold.." you quickly grabbed his clothes and boots before they would get too bloody and put them on.
'Don't worry, it's okay. You did it for a good cause.' you took his money and walked away. Hopefully the townsfolk don't see you.
Your.. house.. was nothing more than a few old woodplanks leaned against a wall. It didn't even really protect you from wind or rain, let alone snow. You sat down under it and sighed. 'Tomorrow is a day too.. I just.. need.. some.. res..' you dozed off fairly quick and only woke up when it started to storm heavily.
Rain was hitting your face and you tried to find a better place to sleep. "So, where's our next target?" "She should be in that shop over there." 'The dark brotherhood? They sure have a lot of money. But if i get caught.. At least they would make it a very quick, painless death.'
You crept closer from behind and slowly shoved your hand into the woman's pocket. 'Yes, almost.. Just a little further..'
Something hard crashed into your side and flung you a couple yards across the place. You arched your back as the air was pressed out of your lungs. 'Fuck.' A giant, clawed hand lifted you up by the neck. Yellow eyes turned into silvern ones and the black fur became long, white hair.
'Not a werewolf.. I don't want to end as food..' "What did you do to my wife?!" you struggled in his grip and started crying. A woman leaned in to him. "Arnbjorn.. The blood on his clothes surely isn't his, he would be dead by the loss of so much of it. Do you think that boy killed someone for it?"
"Could be, but by his looks i assume he doesn't even have a blade on hi-" your dagger fell out of your pocket. A Argonian lifted it up. "My, my, my.. Where does someone like you have an ebony dagger from~?"
You shook your head violently. "No, please! It's all i have left of my parents!" "Would be a shame if it cut it's owner's throat, wouldn't it?" "Enough! Leave the boy alone!" They groaned and left you be.
The old man came closer with your dagger. "Be more careful in the future. It's not wise to provoke us. Especially not that brute, Arnbjorn." "I can hear you, Festus!" "Where are your parents? Did they leave you?" "N-no, they.. They're dead.. They died when a fire broke out in our house on the farm.. I wish i was in there with them.. My aunt didn't want me and so i've lived on the street ever since.."
"When was that?" "About nine years ago, when i was seven.." he gave you some gold. "Make sure you stay warm tonight and go to an inn. The storm will get worse." you nodded and quickly walked away.
"You can't be serious, Festus." "Yes, i am, Arnbjorn. Because i am not as stubborn as you are." The werewolf growled loudly. "You don't scare me with that, puppy. Now let's finish the contract and go back home."
You looked at the gold. 'That is way more than i need.. Should i maybe give it back to him?' you rented a room at the inn and sat down on the bed. 'So warm.'