•21•

November 1973                                        Chapter 21

November 1973 Chapter 21

Moving in with Roger was much easier than Barbara had originally thought, especially when it came to giving away the apartment that she and Stella had shared for years

Moving in with Roger was much easier than Barbara had originally thought, especially when it came to giving away the apartment that she and Stella had shared for years. As it was the property owned by the Ealing Art college, she was able to sign out and it would be given away to another student in need of a place to stay while studying.

Barbara's lifestyle had changed in the past two months, she found herself being more productive within her new home with Roger, perhaps due to the fact that she was surrounded by someone so supportive of her, someone who had always believed in her since their younger years. She found herself working much easier, she had been much more creative within her final project for university.

The two were so uplifted and happy in their company, it was very rare that they had disagreements or rants over what to watch on the box-like television placed in the middle of the living room. Barbara found herself preoccupied with the piano, she found that she had more time for herself now rather than before, less stress, more happy in the space of her closest friend. Although Roger had been busy with the making and polishing of Queen's second album 'Queen II' as Freddie had named it with the help of EMI records who had overheard the boys in the studio and took a liking to them and the music, deciding to manage them, which was a huge leap for the four boys.

During the day, Roger was often out at the studio, it was rare that he'd be home with Barbara. She spent her time painting in her sketchbook until the early hours of the evening when Roger came back home, he'd see her working with her sketchbooks on the floor, thinking of how uncomfortable she must've been crouching on the carpeted living room floor. Every night they found themselves lounging on the sofa placed against the cream walls in the middle of the room, talking of their days until the early hours.

On Barbara's twenty-third birthday, Roger had woken her up with her favourite breakfast, pancakes, although they had been slightly burnt, she was grateful nonetheless, it had put a tired smile on her face as Roger sat on the side of her bed with his own plate. Throughout their breakfast, Roger had a mischievous and cheeky grin poking through his lips, he was avoiding eye contact with Barbara, in a manner that was so suspicious and made her curious as she furrowed her eyebrows at him, which he noticed within seconds.