Chapter Twenty-One: Taste of Power

Почніть із самого початку

"Huh?" I questioned while on the verge of throwing up dinner.

"Tell them to leave, whoever straggles will be beheaded."

"Oh we already sent that message." I retort, of course, it was ignored. Gavriila was already gone before I could protest even more, the loud cheering turned into fatal grasp before the walls trembled and floors creaked from their fast pace.

"How did you do it?" Lilith asked. She was more concerned than excited, her form stuck in the farthest corner as the look of horror was revealed in her burrowed eyes. "Your magic was supposed to be dormant. You don't even have witch or fallen blood in your system."

"Magic is in the soul, Lilith, not just the body." Ilorian answered in a curt voice while sitting on the edge of the bed next to my bare feet, his eyes never leaving mine. "What was going through your mind when your powers appeared? Perhaps I can get a better understanding on how you use your abilities."

Tucking my feet under me, I eyed the snake closely; once again he proved his own abilities of seeing the future was overrated. "When I discovered my new abilities, they mostly appeared through fear or specifically if I'm being attacked. Now it was more of a memory that triggered it, from when I was a child."

"What do you mean? Describe the experience."

I released a steady breath, my gaze flickered to the lingering demons that was conscious of my every move, their fear amused and frighten me at the same time. "I was practically looking on the outside in, seeing me when I was barely four in my mother's arms. We were in a round room, the technology back then wasn't great but this room was ahead of its time. Planets were circling around us from a projector, I was in my mother's arms; laughing and smiling. She was smiling and laughing too but the girl- little me, she saw someone and the laughter stopped. It was Urk, he was trying to take me from my mom and it didn't go so well for him. I saw first hand of my powers, it was too strong and I was too young to develop such abilities, especially for it to be magic."

Ilorian was breathless by time I was done. "Gavriila, get the book."

"But father-"

"Now!"

The demon was running before Ilorian could turn his head and give her a stone cold glare. Lilith still stayed in her corner, watching us closely, lips formed into a frown as if her husband's behavior was suddenly new. I could not blame her, although they are the bringers of evil and parents of everything that crawls in a dark room, their relationship was the most mundane thing I've seen since I've been in this world.

Gavriila was back in a millisecond, the large book resting upon her hands as she walked steady and fast. Instead of giving it to Ilorian, she set it in front of my feet between us, her palms pink and nearly boiling from the leather. "No one of demon blood shall touch the book." Ilorian voiced while pushing it closer to my direction. "No one but you shall touch it now. It has your blood, it is not yours."

"I do not want it." I pushed it back with my big toe like a scared child. I've mistakenly touch the thing with my bare flesh, just a speck of DNA or lingering power was enough to open the book, the pages did not just turn but flew out of place upon the air. Five of them, floating in mid air above Ilorian and I heads, my mouth flew open in shock as I tried not to look clueless upon dark magic.

Ilorian stood to his feet and grabbed the middle page from the set, he rubbed his chin to hide his menacing smile. "The wind of gods. I knew it."

"Look, the others, I've never seen so many of them combined." Gavriila voiced in fascination while stepping out of her safe zone to stand by her father's side, hands tucked under her arm pits as the same rule of no-demons-touching still applies to the pages. "Touch of glory, seer and speaker of the dead, storm of Zeus, and Aphrodite's desire."