Chapter Four: There's Always a Friend in Need

Out of troll territory, the three of us made our way back to the end of the dirt path splitting in two directions, one going west- back to the road where Henry and I just came from, and another heading South- where we should of walked along. We paused, Don sighed heavily and looked over his shoulder, a wool blanket wrapped around his shoulders as a potential shield to protect him from the sun if he ever gets caught by the light. "This is where we split."

I nod my head in understanding and stepped closer to his young frame. If I were a stranger in the street, I wouldn't have guest this man could wedge his way into my heart, if only he knew me during this time; we could of been best friends. "Good luck, I guess. Here." I pulled off my hat, placing it securely on his head and gave him my jacket. "It's not much but it'll protect from the sun."

"Thanks." Don mumbled, his eyes drift down the path that called for him, he was weary to go back; considering he was practically voted off the island. "Where are y'all headed?"

"Warlock territory." Henry spoke stern, still cautious in having a hungry vampire around.

I held the urge to roll my eyes and glare at the man, even though time has changed, he's still the same egocentric old dude. "Maybe you can come, it's best to have more hands; just in case. Besides, it's worse to return by yourself than making a longer detour with others."

The vampire smirked, a small humorless chuckle past his lips as he nod in agreement. "Yeah, I guess."

"Uh, Jupiter, may I speak to you?" Mister Chung grabbed my arm before I could respond, he only pulled me a few feet away, but that doesn't make a difference with a hypersensitive creature near by. "We can't bring him to the camp."

"Why? Because he's a vampire? The last time I checked the enemy our demons, spiders, and trolls."

"Yeah, and others not our kind. We have territories for a reason, if a vampire- one who hasn't eaten in weeks, comes to a camp with many live people walking around; what do you think will happen? It won't end singing around a fire and eating s'mores."

"Just let me worry about that, I got it." I whispered before walking back to Don, who tried his best not to show he heard every word. "Hey, so there's a small concern on you coming along. If we do get a chance to settle in the camp, it would mean you can't feast off of mortal blood, you would most likely have to survive on animals. Are you up for that or are you going to take your chances back home?"

He blinked twice, his green gaze flicked over my head to Henry and then back down to my sincere and pleading look. I wanted him to come along, not because of the triple man power during the night, but because I didn't want him trapped in another deadly situation. "Okay, I'll suffice on animals, if I can find some. Most were wiped out by the bombing, others mutated from radiation- quite distasteful on the tongue, it can also poison me to death, so-"

"You can drink my blood then, enough where you can survive on."

"Oh gaisgeach beag, sucking the blood from your veins will be an honor and can turn very intimate if you wish it." He grabbed my hand, placed a spine shivering kiss upon my wrist over the radial artery, I knew he felt the vein throb as my heart picks up pace- just one intimate kiss placed an arousing trance through my body.

I snatched my hand away and kept the urge of smacking him in the face. "I am a married woman, there's no intimacy between either of us. I don't care how lonely the nights will be and how cold it is outside, no one is touching or flirting with me. Got it?"

If Don has warm blood in his body, he would of blushed in embarrassment, instead he widened his eyes and cleared his throat to put in a serious demeanor. "As you wish gaisgeach beag. So, lead the way warlock, or should I navigate- all things considered."