Chapter Twenty-One: Taste of Power

Start from the beginning

'Her power grows strong, Meadow, we must take her.'

'No! I want to stay with mommy!' The little girl screams, she finally looks at the stranger, dark brown eyes flicker to electric blue like a broken kitchen light. 'Go away!' Her voice echoed off the walls, the scream powerful as the wind but sharper than a sword.

Urk disappears before the wind could slice the air, such force took up half of the floor and blast through the wall. If he or anyone else were standing in front of them, they would of lost their entire abdomen and head. The wind calmed into nothing but light breeze as the little girl cried in her mother's arms, the anger in such a little body held more power than I ever seen. Fuck, I hold such a power...

Sucking in a deep breath, the world came back to me with dark lighting, humid air, and a hard cold floor that stuck to my skin and caused the back of my head to pound. A face came to my vision, a stranger that struck twice as much fear into my heart, out of instinct I reacted. Fingers balled and knuckles already bruised from the last time I punched someone, I strike fast, flesh to flesh; the feeling of his nose hitting my fist has brought sweet victory. However, the aftermath only worried me, especially after a dream like that; a ray of blue light formed in my fingers, the power left my knuckles with a shoulder breaking kick back.

The stranger before me did not just have a broken nose, but their head was just a pool of blood and brains scattered upon the ceiling and a few unlikely partiers that were close to the blast. I sat up quickly, stumbled back from the mess as my head still pounded and the room still spun. Before I could fall once more, an arm snakes around my waist and a chest bumped into my back, causing me to spin around with the same armed fist that was ready to give the next stranger the taste of brutal death.

The face left me stuck in a state of confusion and relief. "Lucas." I whispered while releasing my fear, the light in my hands disappears immediately as I fall into his arms and cling to the nicely tailored suit jacket. Then, after pressing my cheek to his chest, I realized the electrical sensation between us when we touch never came; which only means I'm still in this twisted and fucked up world, surrounded by demons and traitors, and the man that's holding me in his arms with such care that only made me sick could only be Ilorian.

I wanted to pull away in disgust, but his hold on me has tightened from my slightest twitch in muscle, my feet was off the ground in seconds also. Ilorian coward me through the throng as if I were helpless, but tons of people just witnessed me blow a demon's head off with one punch; I was far from helpless.

"What the hell happened?" Lilith questioned once out of site of their terrified and confused guest. We were in Maxine's room in no time, back pressed against the mattress with a soft drop, my feet was in his hands immediately as he discarded the painful heels and massaged my toes.

I snatched them away, disgust came through me as I crawled back towards the headboard, my body weak and head spinning; I couldn't actually grasp what was going on. "That's impossible." I spoke for the three of us, Ilorian was looking down at me as if I've pleased him with unexpected mystery once again.

"Nothing is impossible, dear." He hissed, his excitement was noticeable, not just by his words and eyes growing wide; but the way his skin morphed and the air grew darker, just like in the basement.

"Ilorian, calm down." Lilith gasped, her eyes wide but not in excitement but in disbelief.

The man did just that, clearing his throat and straightening his spin, the snakeskin turned back into a normal human flesh. "Tell everyone to go home. Party is over."

"Actually, about that." Gavriila entered the room nervously, it would be understandable if the crowd held fear or upset fro the death of an ally, but instead their cheers filled the room as if were a rock concert. "They want Jupiter."