x

ages

ashton: 9

luke: 7

harry: 9

louis: 11

zayn: 10, liam: 10, niall: 9

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

It's been three months since Ashton's game and he hasn't talked ot Luke since. He feels as if Luke doesn't want to be his friend anymore so he's making it easy for him.

He only hangs out with Harry and Niall, plus Louis and his friends.

The two boys grew apart and although Ashton acted like he was happy about it, he was really missing Luke. He wanted to hang out with him again but he knew that Luke doesn't want to.

Anne Marie wasn't too bothered about Luke and Ashton's estrangement. She was glad they weren't playing the boyfriend game anymore. Liz, on the other hand was worried about Luke. Ever since he and Ashton stopped hanging out daily, Luke has been very down.

He'd lock himself in his room and cry. He doesn't eat as much and he seems tired a lot. Liz asked a friend of hers what she thought about Luke's behavior. Her friend said maybe she should take Luke to a therapist. It seems like early signs of depression.

Harry and Ashton sat under the pavilion at school. Louis and Zayn got in trouble so they had to sit out during recess so Harry, being a good boyfriend, stayed with Louis.

Ashton didn't want to play with Niall since all he was doing was flirting with girls so he stayed with them.

"Hey, Ashton?" Louis said.

"Yeah?" Ashton asked, turning his head towards the older boy.

"Are you and Luke still friends?" He asked.

Ashton swallowed hard. He didn't tell anyone about Luke and him. And he didn't want to.

"I guess?" He answered.

Louis looked like he didn't believe him but nodded, wrapping his arm around Harry.

Ashton looked over at Luke. He was sitting by the fence, his palms supporting his head. He was watching Calum and another boy play with a bouncy ball.

Ashton wanted to talk to Luke but decided not to.

▲▼▲▼▲

Lunch soon came around and Harry, Ashton, and Niall sat with Louis and his friends. Liam and a girl with curly brown hair walked to the table.

"This is Dani." Liam smiled, introducing the girl.

"She's my girlfriend." He added.

She waved to the group, receiving smiles and small hello's.

"Luke please!" Someone exclaimed.

Everyone turned to where Luke, Calum, and some other first graders sat. Luke frowned and looked down at his lunch while his teacher kept begging him to eat. Soon the principal and a lunch lady walked over to him.

After five minutes of trying to get Luke to eat the poor boy bursted into tears. The grown ups looked shocked for a moment before concern flashed in their faces.

"Go help him." Louis said.

Ashton turned to him and frowned, "What?"

"Go see if he's okay." Louis explained, pulling a bottle of juice to his lips.

"Why?"

"He's your friend."

"Yeah but-"

"Then go check on him."

Ashton frowned, "But I can't. He doesn't like me."

"Sure he does." Louis assured.

Ashton frowned and shook his head, turning to the crying 7 year old. Ashton felt bad. He doesn't like seeing Luke cry.

Eventually Ashton got up and walked over to where Luke sat.

"Lukey?" Ashton said in a soft voice.

Luke looked up at him, his teary eyes wide.

"Ash?"

Ashton smiled and held Luke's hand, "What's wrong?"

Luke cried even harder, shaking his head, "I don't wanna eat."

"Why?" Ashton pressed.

Luke sniffled, shrugging, "I dunno..."

Ashton picked up one of Luke's dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and stood in up.

"Rawr!" He said in a goofy voice, moving the nugget towards Luke.

"My name is Alex and I have no home." He said in the same goofy voice.

"I need a nice home where I can live..." He moved the nugget to Luke's mouth, "Hey, I like this place."

Luke giggled and took the nugget from Ashton, shoving it in his mouth.

"Oh no!" Ashton cried, "I'm being eaten in my own home, someone save me!"

Luke giggled uncontrollably, clutching his side. Ashton picked up another one and continued doing that with every one until they were all eaten by Luke.

The bell rang, ending lunch. Luke frowned and before Ashton could leave, he wrapped him in a huge hug.

"I love you, Ash." Luke mumbled against the older boys chest.

Ashton smiled and hugged him back, "I love you too, Luke."

AN: uh... hi