Flames of Glory ~Chapter 9~

Chapter 9

Its been a couple months since that accident happened. In that time my school was rebuilt, but no one wanted to go back. So the headmaster of Darfward and headmistress of Dark Knight, decided to let the students decide which school they would prefer to go to. I of course stayed at Darfward.

Right now, I'm sitting outside with Aiden under the tree I sat under my first day here. We are laying down and my head is resting on his chest. It was a beautiful day and class wasn't going to start for another half an hour. So we are just sitting under the tree in a comfortable silence.

"Well, would you look at that," Aiden said breaking the silence. I look at him confused. "I believe we have some new students."

"It's half way through the year. That is impossible," I said surprised.

"You better believe it. Look. They are right there," I looked over to where he was pointing.

He was right. Walking towards us were two people. A girl and a guy. He had his arm around her waist. The girl was beautiful to say the least. She had shoulder length brown hair, big chocolate brown eyes, and a good mix of prep and emo. The guy was very handsome. He had hair that went just below his ear, dark eyes that looked almost black, and was a definite emo. Over all, a very cute couple.

Their walking came to a stop when they arrived in front of us.

"Hey, I'm Shey. This is Ace. We're new here, obviously. Could you point us in the direction of the office?" the girl asked in a sweet voice.

"It's just past that building," I said pointing them in the right direction. Considering what had happened, Aiden didn't really enjoy talking to people.

"Thank you so much," Shey said.

"Don't mention it," I said. "I got a tough reputation to keep up, you know."

The guy, Ace I believe was his name, chuckled and said, "You? I honestly doubt that."

"Considering she killed several werewolves not too long ago, I like to think she is," Aiden said in a gloating kind of way. Which made me roll my eyes.

"Well we should go. Class is gonna start in 10 minutes and we still have to find our lockers and stuff," Shey said while pulling Ace along with her. "Thanks again. Maybe we could hang out later or something."

"Maybe. Try not to get lost on the way to your classes," I yelled after them.

"That was really nice, hun," Aiden said sarcastically.

"Whatever. Come on we have class too," I said. As I was about to get up Aiden pulled me back. Holding me tightly to his chest again.

"Why don't we just ditch?" he asked in a, I think it was supposed to be, seductive voice.

"Oh yeah. Because that turned out so well last time," I said in a serious voice. I leaned close to his face and added in a whisper, "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Are you actually being nice to me?" Aiden asked in actually shock. His arms loosening their grip on me.

"No. I just don't want to have to be the one to save your sorry ass again," I replied laughing loudly. Suddenly, I jumped up and started running away from him. "Come on! We got class you lazy ass!"

"Seriously, Vic? That is not nice!" he yelled and started running after me.

I was almost to my class, when I got slammed and pinned into a locker. I looked up to find Aiden glaring at me. He looked seriously pissed. SHITNESS!

"Not so fast, Vicky. I think you own me somethings," Aiden whispered in my ear. Then he started kissing down my neck.

"Oh really? And what would that be, oh Mighty Prince," I teased him. The bell had already rung. So, it didn't really matter if I was a little bit later.

"Yeah. A kiss because my lips will be missing you during class," he said in my ear again.

"You are so lame with your little romantic lines," I said laughing again.

"I really think your in no position to talk, Little One," Aiden said smirking and I glared at him.

"Asshole. Now let me go. We've got classes to go to. Unless of course you don't want to be a smart future king," I said.

It was my turn to smirk now. Pushing him back so I wasn't pinned anymore, I started to make my way to class. I could hear him following.

"But what about my kiss?" he whined. He knew I hated when he whined. It's so annoying.

"Oh god. FINE!" I yelled spinning on my heel.

I pushed Aiden and he hit a row of lockers rather hard. Oh well. He'll live. Pinning him to the lockers, I kissed him hard. I tell he was surprised, though I was too distracted to care. Distracted by the pure bliss I felt kissing him. Distracted by the sense of security I felt being with being near him. Finally letting all the emotions I had built up while he was gone.

Aiden started to kiss back with just as much passion. Obviously knowing what I felt. He always knew and he always understood.

I broke the kiss leaning my forehead against his. Then I whispering quietly, "I don't know what I'd do without you, Aiden. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Vic," Aiden said sighing.

I could tell he meant it by the look in his eyes. I never wanted this to end. Though I know it would have to at some point. He was a prince after all. This isn't a fairytale after all. It's reality. And everyone knew how much that sucked.