Flames of Glory ~Chapter 6~

Chapter 6

I woke up Monday morning early. It even surprised me. This is so weird. I've never woken up before Mom. Aiden must be having some sort of influence on me. I smiled at the thought. Slightly dazed, I got ready school. Getting up before my mom gave me some time to make her breakfast, make coffee, and relax.

Mom probably didn't know I was up because I heard her banging on my door telling me to get up.

"Mom, I'm down here," I called with a little laugh. I heard her coming down the stairs, and into the kitchen. "Your breakfast and coffee are on the table."

She gave me a strange look and asked, "Who are you and what have you done to my daughter?"

"I am an alien from Mars. I have kidnapped your daughter to learn about sarcasm, but my leader does not approve of her behavior. So he has remodeled her brain to make her a Barbie clone," I said in an extremely happy voice. Then Mom and I burst out laughing. Taking a few moments to catch our breath, we finally settled down.

"Anyway, I should get going to school. Bye," I said and left the house. I took out my phone ready to call Marissa to come pick me up, but surprised to find that a shiny black car in my driveway.

"Hey, thought you could use a different ride today," I heard Aiden say as he got out of the car.

"I don't know if I want to ride with you," I said innocently. A sly smile appeared on his face.

"As your boyfriend, the Prince of Vampires, I think I will have to take you by force then." Smile getting bigger as he walked toward me.

"What are you-"

Suddenly, he picked me up and carried my bridal style to his car.

"Put me down! Right now, Kingston!" I yelled at him.

"Alright," Aiden said. Then pretended to drop me. I screamed when he did so.

"Okay, okay, you win. I'll ride with you," I said in pretend exasperation. "But I have to call Marissa so she knows."

"Already taken care of," he said as he put me in the car.

"You know what? I don't even want to know what your twisted mind did," I said as he buckled me into the car as if I was a small child.

"I just asked Damien to pick up Marissa. Apparently, she has no problem with it. And she said she'll meet you at school." Then kissed me, not like a child. At all.

"You know if you did that in the first place there wouldn't have been such a fight," I said after we broke apart.

"Now you tell me," he said as he got in the drives seat. And off we went.

* * *

"What do you mean Superman is better than Batman?" I asked for what felt like the millionth time. We have been at this the whole day.

"Superman has super powers. What does Batman have? Oh yeah, nothing," Aiden said with that damn smirk.

"For the love of all that is holy, SHUT UP!" Marissa yelled at both of us.

"Someone has an anger problem," I said teasingly. She just stuck out her tongue.

"Damn right," she replied laughing.

"Alright. I know how to solve this. The comic book writers win," Aiden said as if he was the smartest person in the world.

"That is a stupid solution," I said stubbornly. This was a fight "the Prince" would lose.

"Is that so?" he asked smirking. I really want to slap that smirk right off his face. Wait, that is a really good idea.

SMACK!!

"Ouch!" Aiden whined. "Is that how you always treat people?"

"Pretty much," I said laughing. Looking around, I noticed something. "Hey, where'd they go?"

"Maybe they didn't want to be around your abusiveness," Aiden said looking actually hurt.

"Do you want me to kiss the boo boo better?" I asked in a baby voice. He nodded cutely.

I leaned up to give him a kiss on the cheek, but he, of course, turned his head so I kissed him on the mouth. Not that I mind kissing him.

In the middle of our sweet kiss, the bell just had to go. Groaning, I pulled away.

"Okay, I know you really want to keep kissing me, but we have to go to class," he said smiling sweetly.

"Jackass," I mumbled to myself.

"I heard that. And I'm your jackass," Aiden said with an actual smile. I couldn't help popping his bubble.

"I know. Its just to bad," I said in fake sadness.

"Run."

Well, I didn't need to be told twice before I took off running. With Aiden closely on my tail, I might add. Us both laughing the whole time. Unfortunately for me, Aiden was faster. He caught up and grabbed me by the waist.

"Got you," he whispered in my ear. His warm breath sent shivers down my spine. "Come on, we have to get to class."

I smirked and said, " Or not. We could always just skip."

"I knew there was a reason why I really liked you," Aiden said smirking as well.

We both looked at each other and took off running to his car. When we got there we jumped into the car. Smiling and laughing like idiots.

If I knew what was going to happen next I wouldn't have suggested that stupid idea of skipping.