Flames of Glory ~Chapter 2~

Chapter 2

I got to my first class, Math, with a couple minutes to spare. I sat in the second to last row of the classroom, near the window. It's a nice day out I should be play street hockey or something. My day dreaming was interrupted by a familiar deep voice.

"Your in my seat," it said. I turned around to see the guy from this morning stare down at me.

"I didn't know there were assigned seats," I said still not moving.

"They're not. I always sit in this seat," he said slightly frustrated.

"Don't you think its time for change, Kingston?" I asked smirking. Everyone was quiet and watching us. He was about to say something, but the bell rang and the teacher came in.

"This isn't over, Jones," he whispered as he took the seat behind me. I just smirked and listened as the teacher spoke.

"Today I you will be splitting all of you into groups of two. Then give you a sheet with some problems on it. You have to solve the problems and discuss how you did them. Hand it in tomorrow. I will now tell you your partners," he said. I zoned out until I heard my name.

"Victoria Jones and Aiden Kingston."

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Is there a problem, Miss Jones?" the teacher asked, obviously annoyed at my outburst.

"None at all," I said as I sulkily turned to Aiden, who was smirking. I just glared at him. The teacher called out a few more partners, then told us to get to work. I turned around fully to face Aiden. I was still glaring at him.

"Why so disappointed, Jones?" he asked in an amused tone.

"Because I'm stuck with you," after I said that the teacher handed us our sheet and left. I started on one problem while he just stared at me. After a few minutes I got irritated. 'He isn't doing anything! Just staring at me! Does he think I'm going to do all the work for him?!' I screamed in my head. I was about to ask/yell 'What the hell are you looking at?' but he interrupted me.

"I'm looking at you. And you shouldn't think such rude thoughts," he said with a huge smirk. I glared at him angrily. 'Great a mind reader. Just what I always wanted,' I thought sarcastically.

"Am I bothering you, Sweetheart?" he asked amused by me. By this point, I was really angry. My hands curled into a fists. My fist was about an inch from his face, when suddenly his hand stopped mine from hitting him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Aiden said amused. Clearly pleased by something.

"Why not?" I asked still very angry. Aiden, still holding the hand I tried to hit him with, smiled.

"Because I can get you in some serious trouble," he said still happy.

"How are you going to do that, Kingston?" I asked.

He leaned toward me and whispered, "I'm the Prince of Vampires. I can do anything I want." Then he leaned away.

Suddenly, the bell rang. I ripped my hand from his grasp, stood up, grabbed my school stuff, and left the classroom in a hurry. 'I can't believe he's the vampire prince,' I said to myself. After my next class, History, was lunch. History past slow like usual, so when the bell rang to signal lunch, I left quickly. I went to my locker to get my books and then went to the cafeteria. I bought an apple and a can of blood for my lunch. Just when I was finished paying Marissa came over to me.

"Hey, I'm going to go sit with Damien. You can come too if you want," she said. I looked over to where Damien was with his friends were sitting. Aiden happen to be among them. I really didn't want to be near him right now so I said I didn't want to.